Tim...Ok's 48 F1 build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim, have you ever taken 412 toward Springdale in AR? There is/was a great little junkyard along there in AR. I saw several '30's cars but i was in a big rig and could not stop.

I have but its been awhile, I haven't been past the state line east on 412 in years..

I ran up by Springfield Missouri a couple years ago to pick up an old Farmall tractor, found a salvage up there that had about 10 acres of "brown roofs"..looked like mostly 40's stuff from what I could see driving by..There is still alot of tin out there, but a person has to get off the interstate..

Now I know my eyesight is going.....

I have but its been awhile, I haven't been past the state line east on 412 in years..

When I first read your post I thought you hadn't been past the state line in 412 years!!! Man...gotta slow down on reading these things.....:eek:

Decided to sell my tunnel ram today..:( oh, wait that should be :D.. really I'm not whining..yet

No pics, but worked on my new engine crossmember last night..its coming together as planned..so far:D

hope to have some pics to update with in a couple days..I really need to shove it outside to check my proportions soon, see what ya'll think..

thanks for followin along this goofy journey,
Tim

Decided to sell my tunnel ram today..:( oh, wait that should be :D.. really I'm not whining..yet

Tim
Test fitting my new crossmember..not done yet, will get a bottom support similiar to the top..
CROSSMEMBER-2.jpg

And the reason for the "whining" comment above and the reason the tunnel ram has to go..nobody got it:D:D
BLOWERJPG.jpg

The crossmember is extra nice.[cl More work but it is paying off. A couple Chevelles showed up at the Thursday night picnic with the same blower as yours. There was lots of whining and roaring resulting in black marks on the pavement and a rubber haze in the air.

You have that to look forward too.:D

Test fitting my new crossmember..not done yet, will get a bottom support similiar to the top..
CROSSMEMBER-2.jpg

And the reason for the "whining" comment above and the reason the tunnel ram has to go..nobody got it:D:D
BLOWERJPG.jpg

I don't think that chair is going to do anything for you....:D

You guys are too funny:D

Got my new crossmember all squared up and welded in yesterday..Set the motor back in place, fit much better than on my old mounts.. Then had to to test fit the blower[dr:D:D

2012100795182451.jpg

2012100795182554.jpg

Got a few minutes the other day and cut out the center of the floor so I can get started on my tunnel..Nothing picture worthy yet though..Space in the back is limited..Trying to make room in the back for a 10 gallon fuel cell that I already have..The 11 gallon spun aluminum tank from speedy bill will fit with less effort, if they ever get them off of backorder..

thanks for lookin..
Tim

Woohoo..:D Got a couple hours of shop time Sunday morning..I had already started bench building an X brace to go in my frame, so Sunday I concentrated on finishing it and building a removeable tranny crossmember..crossmember is 2" x 2" 11 gauge..
the bolt holes on the ends are sleeved with 3/4" OD DOM..I drilled 4 holes for the slots and would have just connected them with my plasma but since my air compressor is dead I have no plasma at the moment, so I brought it to work and will mill between the holes to make my slots..I know its not a big update, but hey, I'm happy for any progress at this point:D:D

2012121195051348.jpg

Tim digging interlay, awesome truck we will have to hook up on day, pops would be a cool thing...Stay intouch my freind.. When do u think u will have your truck ready... (The Outlaw) [;)

looks good.

You do realize with the latest "Gun laws" frenzy going on you have $500 in AR mags sitting on your desk....:D

Tim digging interlay, awesome truck we will have to hook up on day, pops would be a cool thing...Stay intouch my freind.. When do u think u will have your truck ready... (The Outlaw) [;)
I hoping for summer 2014 but I'm not giving myself any deadline..I don't get much shop time..

Latest posts

Back