Tim...Ok's 48 F1 build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tim what front axle did you use and what year is it? you do very nice work . thanks robertbandit mangum okla.

Its a 56 ford F100 front axle..with disc kit from F100central.com,uses early 90's F150 rotors and 73-87 Chevy truck calipers..

thanks for the kind words Bob W,Sarge Mike BillM and others..No firm plans on shocks at this point..Will try to work them into headlight mounts..somehow

Not far enough along for pics yet, but trying to work two 1954 IH rear fenders into a nose piece for this thing:D (wheres the clico smiley?LOL) If I don't end up trash'in them, I'll post pics[;):D

All looks good man. been lurking on your build but had a thought for you. On your brake pedal mount. You might want to brace to lower pivot point for the lever over to the master cylinder mount plate. as you pushe the rod towards the master it will try to force the pivot away from the master. a simple brace over to the master plate will take all of this load off the lower pivot mount. Just a thought as I like to over build stuff.

All looks good man. been lurking on your build but had a thought for you. On your brake pedal mount. You might want to brace to lower pivot point for the lever over to the master cylinder mount plate. as you pushe the rod towards the master it will try to force the pivot away from the master. a simple brace over to the master plate will take all of this load off the lower pivot mount. Just a thought as I like to over build stuff.
Good eye..I've got a chunk of 2" square tubing cut to go in there just for that purpose, just haven't got it tacked in yet..

thanks for the advice on the shocks preacher, I'll check'em out..

Hey Tim, really nice work on your truck so far. I've been toying with the idea of suicide doors on my truck as well. After seeing yours I think you have sealed the deal for me. Just not sure yet if I will go with hidden hinges or not. That's a great new shop you've built there as well. I'm sure your enjoying the extra space. [dr

My brother lives in INOLA or just east side I should say close to 412. He's big into suzuki samurais. You see him once you will know it.
Cool..I am a little west of Inola and north of 412.. If you ever get out that way, holler at me..

thanks roddguy1..Personally I like the look of the exposed hinges,mine are stock hinges swapped side for side

Tim

Painfully little progress in the past month..I got my bedsides cut out of 16 ga. and the top 4" of them broke at 45°, bed is 41" long..got pipe cut and tacked to top of bed lip..got aluminum highboy radiator bought for it..been playing with my experimental nosepiece for it, but want to have a little progress made before I post pics of it.. and I needed the radiator before I could get too serious about it anyway..

both of my older boys play high school basketball, one 9th grade, one varsity..so we have had game 4 or 5 night a week for the past month and a half..finally about over, so I'm hoping for a little more shop time soon..

Tim

both of my older boys play high school basketball, one 9th grade, one varsity..so we have had game 4 or 5 night a week for the past month and a half..finally about over, so I'm hoping for a little more shop time soon..

Tim

Nothing better than to support the boys in the sports...I commend you for making sure you were there.....I'm sure that they appreciated you being there....good luck with the shop time....hope your luck is better than mine....lol

Just read through your build thread!

Just a little shop update..They finished up yesterday afternoon..I starting hanging junk on the walls and moving a few tools last night.. It was still 100° at 10 pm, so I didn't get too motivated..Hope to get power out there in a few days, then get serious with the move..
shop_shell.jpg
Love the pole barn! I built those for a while. Just bought my 1st house and WAS planning on putting one in the backyard, but the wifey likes the idea of raising the roof on the current attached 2 car to 12', then splitting it in half so she has her own half, then letting me blow out the back wall and adding another 35x20 onto the back of the house :) so I'll have about 1000 sq ft to myself and she gets her own......250 [cl
I had to sit it on top for a visual:D too bad it's on a junk mock up motor instead of the good motor..gotta find some carbs,gonna try a pair of edelbrocks on it

0818112004.jpg
I really like tunnel rams! I might just put one on mine if I ever come across one.

I had a buddy of mine looking for an old set of headers I could cut up..I shoulda kept looking..he got this set with a truck he just bought, didn't realize til i got them home that they were 1.75" tube step headers..they should work great, but instead of being able to weld them into the flange, I had to cut the tubes about 1/2" out from the flange and butt weld the tubes..anyway pics. I cut out 16 gauge, took it to work and used the slip roll to roll in into something somewhat resembling a cone..first time to ever try to use it..definitely need more practice on that tool..I swear I didn't make my megaphones out of diamond plate, that 16 gauge was stored laying on top of a sheet of diamond plate:D

0831112033.jpg

You SHOULDA made the exhaust out of diamond plate! Why the heck not?! :D

Snakefarm it was a 9 lb 12 oz boy,Chancie Allen

this thing is low budget all the way and I have never had so much fun working on a vehicle..
Congrats on the new rug rat! :)
Mines a budget builder too! I have a total of $2500 into the entire thing, and my out of pocket is a lot less then that since I've traded some labor on motorcycle builds for big parts..... Like engines :)

Love the build!

Thanks JML, glad ya like it..making slower progress than I wanted to, but life happens..

Been messed with my bed a little, got the sides cut and angle broke, got tubing tacked for top lip..but thinking about the supports/stake pockets..what do ya'll think about shaping some similiar to these? square tubing would be easier, but I think these add a little character..I can make a template and cut'em out with the plasma fairly easily?

BED_CONCEPT.jpg

Looks like Catia there?

Laser cut is an option too if you have access to one, or water jet.

That would definitely look better than square tubing =)

I like that design a lot!
Nice detail and would look WAY better then square.

That would be a breeze to cut out with a plasma. You could even start with 4x4 tuning and just cut off the side with your profile, then cap it. Heck you do it right, you could make 2 pieces with 4x4 tubing, just use the drop piece for the other side!

Progress has been slow coming..I'm still enthusiastic about my build, just not having much shop time..still gathering a few parts when I can..I did get my new radiator mounted and made some progress on my nosepiece..just haven't taken pics yet..Traded some cnc programming for these 15 x 10 wheels shells from speedy bill:D

0403121530.jpg

Spent Saturday night in a cabin on a lake in east central Kansas..spotted this in a nearby ravine..project anyone?:rolleyes:

downsized950331121910.jpg

and my future helper and taker of all my time, sittin on his first Harley

downsized950401120900.jpg

Latest posts

Back