Tim...Ok's 48 F1 build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully the last pic of it in this shed [cl shows dummy engine in place,motor stands are built
0704111822.jpg

Tim

A shop build in the middle of a truck build thread..hope ya'll don't mind..not sure anybodies reading this thread anyway:D:D

this heat we have been having for the past month is slowing down all kinds of outdoor projects..but they finally got started yesterday..I'm pumped.. 30x50x12 with a 8x30 shed across one end for my compressor and chopsaw/cutting table//doing scissor trusses over the 12 door to gain a little more height for the lift i eventually want to install.. hope to get concrete in this week, then they will come back and finish it up..

Tim
NewShop.jpg

Tim, I haven't seen this thread before - this is the first chance I have had in a few months to root around on RRR new stuff.

The truck looks great. I'm always interested in barn/shop builds. I notice that just like any construction project, your schedule is behind what you'd hoped for.

Last edited:
It was too dark to take a pic last night after we finished getting rebar in but we are finally pouring concrete Saturday morning..[cl

NEW_SHOP.jpg

I knew they couldn't do this up north where they have the frost heave issues, suprised they don't do it where you are though..very common around here.. the bottom plate will be used as a form for concrete, then they'll come back and finish the top of the building..I should be moving in within a week if things go well..

I knew they couldn't do this up north where they have the frost heave issues, suprised they don't do it where you are though..very common around here.. the bottom plate will be used as a form for concrete, then they'll come back and finish the top of the building..I should be moving in within a week if things go well..

We're pretty citified, everything here is a California mud hut -stucco and tile. they probably build pole buildings in the less urban areas.

What are you doing for power?

single phase 200 amp 220v.. I'm out in the sticks, so 3 phase isn't an option..

the concrete came out really nice,they poured early Saturday

I run my shop on a 100 amp sub panel. I run 2 industrial size swamp coolers, ironworkers, lathe, mill, welders and have had 4 people working at one time without any power problems. 200 amps will be great!

For three phase look at Variable Frequency Drives. They are inexpensive and will run 3 phase motors better than phase converters

Here's a link ( at least I hope it's a link) to one company:
http://http://www.driveswarehouse.com/

They come as cheap as $99. $200 will get one to run 5 hp. The plus is that the converter allows variable speed control and directional control - they're cool.

Just a little shop update..They finished up yesterday afternoon..I starting hanging junk on the walls and moving a few tools last night.. It was still 100° at 10 pm, so I didn't get too motivated..Hope to get power out there in a few days, then get serious with the move..
shop_shell.jpg

That seemed easy and quick. I think a guy should build one of those for every car project. Lots of room and you wouldn't have to clean up and start over when you finish a project.

not much to show lately..been to hot to breathe for the most part..been working on a little wiring in the shop when I can..

Traded for a 2x4 tunnel ram for my sbc today for the truck..an old Edelbrock TR1X with the oil filler hole in the front..I love tunnel rams:D:D

Tim

I had to sit it on top for a visual:D too bad it's on a junk mock up motor instead of the good motor..gotta find some carbs,gonna try a pair of edelbrocks on it

0818112004.jpg

I had to sit it on top for a visual:D too bad it's on a junk mock up motor instead of the good motor..gotta find some carbs,gonna try a pair of edelbrocks on it

0818112004.jpg

the tunnel ram is sick bro!! You should get it polished up!! Would look killer!!!!

Keep up the awesome work bro!! Can't wait to see it finished [cl [;)

I'll be watchin!! [P

Looks for a good pair of holley 450's that is what I have on mine and they work awesome!!!!

Here are a few pics of the before and after on my tunnel ram and water pump

Attachments

• 3n53m93oe5O45R65S0a8qbe34930987d8120a.jpg
    3n53m93oe5O45R65S0a8qbe34930987d8120a.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 254011_1994347570723_1004436880_2310824_5097230_n.jpg
    254011_1994347570723_1004436880_2310824_5097230_n.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Before n After .jpg
    Before n After .jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 56

Latest posts