1932 Chevy sedan, chop, channel, corvette

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, it's moving along, but I still have alot of crap to finish up and add. The work your doing on yours is top notch, it'll look awesome done.

Well give yourself a big pat on the back. Your car was the driving force on the 6" chop on the one I'm working on. The owner of this one was searching the web and saw your's and we went from 3" to 6".

Last edited:
Thanks mercury!, and a that's pretty awesome mike, nice to think my work has inspired others, kinda what this whole type of Hot Rodding is about

I can't believe I didn't see this until now! This is a sweet build, have you made any recent progress?

I think the 'Vette wheels actually look cool on there.

I have two questions on parts you used. Are those Cobra seats, and do you recall which vendor you got them from? Also, what is that gas cap called and where did you get it from? Thanks!

I'll post some stuff tonight, it's made alot of progress, I'll be putting epoxy and seam sealer down next week or two, chassis is back from powder, headers are back from coating, interior is all fabbed and done. Lots of progress

The seats are made by Eddie barret, and I bought the seats from wintec fabrication I believe. The gas cap is made by crafty-b

I'll post some stuff tonight, it's made alot of progress, I'll be putting epoxy and seam sealer down next week or two, chassis is back from powder, headers are back from coating, interior is all fabbed and done. Lots of progress

The seats are made by Eddie barret, and I bought the seats from wintec fabrication I believe. The gas cap is made by crafty-b

I can't wait to see the progress you've made.

Thanks for the info! For anyone else looking, I found the links. Pretty cool stuff.

For the seats CLICK HERE

For the gas cap CLICK HERE

this is badass!!! id like to see a video of how the brake pedal works[S I like the idea of having it under the dash

It looks to me like the pivot of the pedal is below the top, so when you push the pedal, the top moves towards you, which pushes on that other rod that has a different pivot, so it redirects the force to push on the MC rod. Looks like a nice setup.

My dad has a similar setup in his '29 A, but the master cylinder is reversed and there is a larger pivot bar on the back-side of the MC. Just a different way of executing the same thing.

image_zps048fb43b.jpg

That's exactly how it works, I measured my stock c5 pedal lengths and what not, figured the ratio and made whats pictured, the top of pedal swing toward you and pushes the rod connected to the pivot point shown which is 1:1 as to not change pedal throw. Seems to work really well. We'll see how the pivot bushings hold up, since that picture I added some bracing to tie everything together so it pulls/pushes against itself to not allow movement in the brackets. It started as an idea and designed it from scratch thinking i was a genius then I found a company that builds the same type of system haha.

I know I promised pictures, I'm having trouble uploading them, I promise when they upload I'll post them. My life has made some changes, got engaged, and quit my job as a dealer mechanic and started my own company fabricating and hopefully building these hot/rat rods to sell. I ran a fab shop for a long while and started turning wrenches when the economy crapped couple years back, so it feels good to be doing what I love full time again. Anyways, as always thanks for the kind words

Thanks guys, I'm excited to be doing the final assembly. The color isn't quite as green in person, for whatever reason the camera likes to make it green. But I like it and I don't need to worry about some one else pulling up next to me with the same color

That is one fantastic machine you have created there..! Congrats

Latest posts

Back