1935 Chevy sedan value?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalbers

I found a 1935 chevy sedan on craigslist that is chopped 3", comes with frame, grille, hood and original motor that is trash according to the guy. I'm going to go look at it in the morning and already told him that I will take it. I'll let you know what his asking price is once a few of you chime in.

Nevermind, I told the guy I was coming over with cash and he said he would have it waiting for me, but he just called me and said he just sold it to another guy. Oh well. Kinda mad because I would have stole it at $300.

Attachments

• 1935chevy.jpg
    1935chevy.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 1935chevy2.jpg
    1935chevy2.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 21
bummer

quote--]Nevermind, I told the guy I was coming over with cash and he said he would have it waiting for me, but he just called me and said he just sold it to another guy. Oh well. Kinda mad because I would have stole it at $300

the main thing l have learned about craigslist is;
if ya want it, be the first one there with cash.
around here no one holds anything.
be fast, be first, be ready to load it.

later[ddd

If you wait long enough you may end up with the car because a lot of people get into the hobby and then it just simply overwhelms them with the amount of work involved![cl..:D.CR

I really think people believe this is so easy , "oh anyone could do that" . That is untill they buy it and get started ! That is why we are so proud of a finished project . Stop and think of how many projects are sold because someone hit a road block ( miscut on a chop , crooked frame etc.) people get overwhelmed and loose sight of the finish line . There is a very strong chance that car will resurface again .

I really think people believe this is so easy , "oh anyone could do that" . That is untill they buy it and get started ! That is why we are so proud of a finished project . Stop and think of how many projects are sold because someone hit a road block ( miscut on a chop , crooked frame etc.) people get overwhelmed and loose sight of the finish line . There is a very strong chance that car will resurface again .

i think also a lot of the time people think its like a weekend project which is funny ... i really think its something else how when it comes time to sell or get rid of projects we are so picky in a way -- for instance -- its much easier for most car people to trade cars than to sell even if theyre getting a lesser of a deal bc they understand that someones creativity, blood and sweat went into it - its more than just parts -- i guess thats part of the reason why its hard for me to look the same at someone whos got a hot rod they just bought just to have opposed to someone who built it for themselves

Yeah, I'm not too worried about missing out on it, I have a 30 tudor, 37 truck cab, and 50 ih truck to work on. I'm in autobody school and working so I haven't even started on those very much.

Let me tell you I am a X Body man went to school for it and was in the buisness for 15 years school only teaches you the basics you realy learn when you are on the job. still love the work and have my own projects a 30 pickup, 30 sedan, a 48 plymouth sedan. and coulden't do to them the things I am with out the knowledge I learned in the shop. And it will be done right not a bucher job like I see many times at the cruise nights. If you like it, stick with it, and listen to the old farts in the shop they know what they are talking about. If you want it to come out pristien do it by hand not with the air tools. thats One of those tips an older body man told me and still had to find out for my self.

Just 2 cents from an old dude that has been there and done that, put the money into something you already have. I spent a good part of my life dragging home every "good deal" I found and never got anything done. If I had focused on a single car at a time and put all my resources into it, I would have had some rightous rides. Nowdays I still bring home a lot of stuff but I sell most of it right away.

Latest posts

Back