What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hahahaha... now that's funny:D:D:D

we've pretty much had warm weather up until yesterday......

I think you've got as much (or more) snow than I do up in snowy Alberta!

I also have to be a little more careful in the shop, because of blood thinners.

Today I put a new brake booster in the '55 Mercury pickup, but I didn't check it because I couldn't start the dang thing.

A couple of days ago the Overhead Door guys came out and fixed the big spring on my roll-up door. It had been not installed properly and the spring anchor was only lag-bolted to the particle board and not a wall stud.

Glad to hear you got your door fixed! Too bad it was due to improper installation though!

snowmageddon

I pushed the little S10 project into the shop under the Dodge truck just before the storm hit on Friday, then spent the rest of the weekend at work losing a battle with the snow.

I guess the shop is jammed up until the snow melts.

440shorty

20s there is downright uninhabitable. I hope you hunkered down. Do you even have furnaces or wood stoves there?

I'm still living in the log house I built 25 years ago and I do have a fireplace. I know you guys laugh at us down south with the cold stuff. All I can say is it went back up into the 70s today and I was walking around in t shirt...:D

Yep, when it gets below 70 here, it is COLD ! It has been in the 40's and 50's at night, which is REALLY cold for us. I know that seems warm to us living up North, but we aren't used to this here.

Nice thing about Florida is, it never lasts long.

Don

Winter here is too cold and too long, spring is too rainy and too muddy, summer is too hot and humid and too short, and fall is depressing because winter is just around the corner.

When the immigrants arrived from Norway they sent them to Minnesota because the weather was crappy, just like the old country.

Yep, when it gets below 70 here, it is COLD ! It has been in the 40's and 50's at night, which is REALLY cold for us. I know that seems warm to us living up North, but we aren't used to this here.

Nice thing about Florida is, it never lasts long.

Don

We have the same problem out west :eek:

Well, it got up to a sweaty +42F yesterday so I plowed snow and took the '36 Ford out of my cold shed and, after a drive around, put it in the shop.
So I'll have to call you you on this Snopro, I drove my hotrod in January. Let's see what you got.

Also I took a picture of the crest that I bought at Pomona.

Attachments

• IMG_1628.jpg
    IMG_1628.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1629.jpg
    IMG_1629.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1627.jpg
    IMG_1627.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 15
Well, it got up to a sweaty +42F yesterday so I plowed snow and took the '36 Ford out of my cold shed and, after a drive around, put it in the shop.
So I'll have to call you you on this Snopro, I drove my hotrod in January. Let's see what you got.

Also I took a picture of the crest that I bought at Pomona.

Unfortunately, I think you win this round, Mac. I might need the chains that Soltz suggested to drive mine right now. The 50 feet of my street I would need to drive to get to the main road is a skating rink due to the heavy rain Tuesday night. I've been itching to drive, I just don't want to get stuck and need a push 50 feet from my driveway :(

Although, I could pull mine onto the driveway, does that count? ;)

And without chains [cl

Snopro, I was just pokin' ya with a sharp stick. I was mostly in my own yard and driveway and a little bit of county road on my January drive; [maybe a half mile though].
Eman, I'm a mostly retired farmer now so my yard is quite big and I kept my small odd-job tractor and sold the big one. That John Deere is a little big for plowing snow but if I want to lift a whole car up and carry it away, I can. The front wheel assist makes it handy.
Soltz, After mostly retiring from a 40 year career of trucking I can brag that I know some tricks to drive in the snow. In the winters the ground is frozen, [Artic pavment] so that's when we trucked the steadiest. Mostly we pulled a trailer too. If you think driving a car on ice would be tricky, think about pulling another car behind you on the same ice. All that being said, I carry chains with me on the big truck, winter and summer.

Just got done flap wheeling with my grinder the bumper of the m43.
Still have some black tractor paint and will use a roller and brush

I recently gave my 46 Ford to my Son Don because I realized I will never get around to doing it......too many other projects in the way. I also had the 46 parts car that I (stupidly) bought on Ebay about 8 months ago, and I have been paying about $85 a month to rent a 10 x 20 building to keep it in.

There were some parts on the 46 parts car that Don will be able to use, so today Dan and I got out the plasma cutter and removed the parts he might need, like the rear wheel wells and some framing in the trunk area. He wants the frame , even though the other 46 has one, because he can have this one all built and ready to drop the body on, when the time comes.

I am going to remove the front and rear suspension, and we will shove the frame underneath his other 46 until he gets around to building it. The plasma cutter made quick work of it, and I now have a new favorite tool ! :D

This is what we started with today:

Dan cutting away some of the sheet metal:

More parts cut off:

And down to the bare frame and running gear.

The frame is in really nice shape and should sand blast and powder coat up nicely.

Don

Last edited:
Back on my wood working project....tried to make a make shift
dust collection system using my shop vac...:( helps but not great
anyway........what a mess

I would rather cut, grind,weld anyday....any of you wood working guy's
have any tips, I'm all ears...........

Visiting the the grand kids and parents. [cl

son-in-law runs a snowcat skiing business and had to do some road work and took the oldman with him [cl.
snow is lots of fun when you don't have to fight it :eek:

Attachments

• My cat trip Feb 2016.jpg
    My cat trip Feb 2016.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back