1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. I am with you I cut all of my sheet steel with a cut off wheel . Mine is on an electric grinder though.I went threw 3 wheels cutting out the front part of the bed floor.

Moving forward...

Dark and rainy day here.
Pulled out the floor after marking a few spots that need to be trimmed up.
Made the drivers side floor riser and tacked it in.
Got to move the cab so I can get to the other side now.
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 25
2nd side done.

PS done as well.
Now to recoupe/regroup and get at it again tomorrow.
I'm going to post a question over on the body Q/A section.
Please check it out and render your opion.
Have a great Saturday Night and thanks for stopping by.
Torchie.
p.s. apologising in advance for the burry pics. Guess my eyes are tired.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
More floor.............

Here we go......
Pic 1. Some final trimming of the main floor panel.

Pic 2. Cleaned up some proud welds on the top or the floor framing.

Pic 3. In for the last time. :)

Pic 4. The center cut out piece from the main floor just resting on top. This piece will be removeable.

Pics 5 -6.
A few tacks on the top side and some clamps tp hold it all in place. Back on end for easy access. Let the [;) [;) [;) [;) [;) begin.
Thanks for looking in.....
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 25
Looks like you are moving right along!
Are you using an under floor brake setup or firewall? If I've missed it I'm sorry!
Just thought I would throw it out there to add in an access panel for it if you had not thought of it!

Looks like you are moving right along!
Are you using an under floor brake setup or firewall? If I've missed it I'm sorry!
Just thought I would throw it out there to add in an access panel for it if you had not thought of it!

Using the stock 41 car pedal set up DR which is why the toe board area will be removeable as it is an under the floor MC.
These old Ford cars all had a removeable panel that went pretty much the width of the car to access Clutch linkage, Pressure plate adjustment, Brake MC , and some of the trans/bellhousing bolts to remove the trans. By the time trucks like yours and mine came along the only part of the floor that came out was the hump over the trans.
So basicly I am mimicing the 41 car floor.
The center raised section will be removeable as well to get to the rear trans mounts and the torque tube connection.
Torchie.

more work on the floor.
Main section all welded in.[;) [;)
Pic 1-4
Looks good as I took my time so that nothing would warp.
Bending over the edge on the PS. Getting to use a couple of my favorite tools.[ddd
That 16 gauge is some stout sheet metal. Not going to be any flex in this floor at all. Good thing is that after all that pounding none of the welds broke.[cl

Pic 5. DS now. I put a few tacks along the bent edge just because. I really don't see this floor going anywhere.:D

Pic 6. You sharp eyed RRR readers out there may have noticed that on the DS I did the bending with the cab back up on it's nose. Well that's because while pounding down the PS I very nearly knocked the cab off the saw horse that was holding up the back end. Would have been interesting as I was sitting on the ground with both my legs extended out under the cab.:eek:
Plus I was home alone.:eek:
Could have been a renactment of how I got the one leg cut off.[ddd [S :D
Thanks for looking in on me...
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 21
Floor is looking great! I'm glad your cab didn't fall on you, I had a similar sequence when swapping the body of the 50 Chevy over the weekend, those saw horses move a lot on the ground lol... Glad everything turned out ok!

Didnt do much yesterday......

Other than put the cab down on the ground so it won't fall on me.:eek::eek:
Todays effort.
Working on making the toe board. This is going to be a 3 piece removeable deal for lots of reasons that have been discussed before.;)
Pics 1-3. Cab secure on ground. Pattern made and DS metal cut. Got to bend the edges to watch up to the angle of the floor frame. This also the area that the screws will go thru to hold them in place.
Using my patent pending method and favorite tools I bend the egdes and give them a good eyeballing.Looks good. Lets start with that.

Pic 4. DS in. Suprisingly I was very close with the original bend.:D

Pic 5. Even more suprising was when I flipped the DS pattern over it fit for the PS as well.[cl I love it when a plan comes together..

Pics 6-7.Once the banging stopped the helpers showed up. Wife says that the one that gets into the truck with me wants to go for a ride.:cool:

Next step is to secure these 2 pieces in place and then make up the center section. After that it's on to the 2 rear cab corners, some trimming and clean up and there it is.
Thanks for looking in....
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 35
Man that's coming along great!!! The guys know mine is not far from a ride and they all said they want to be there for the first ride but I'm sure my mutt will beat them to the punch. It'll be hard to steal the seat from a 100 lbs of teeth. He's been watching more than anybody and it will surely be fun to give him his first one in the rod...

More boring floor work....

Getting close to the end of it.[cl
Pic 1. Secured the outer toe board pieces and cut and bent the center section.
The top line actually lines up very well once I screwed it into place.

Pic 2. Access panel trimed up and set in place.

Pics 3-6. Picked up some 22 gauge metal to use for the corner pieces. Since at this point the corners are no longer a support piece but there to help seal up the cab floor I wanted something thinner that I could cut with snips.
Pattern made and PS done. Flipped it over and with a little touch up the pattern worked for the DS as well.:D I really payed attention to measurements and squareness when I put in the floor frame so I think that it is paying off.:cool:
After all that talk of gluing things in my floorboard discussion and since the corner pieceswhere going to be plug welded to the new floor I decided to use adhesive to attach them. 2-part industrial epxoy. So we will see how they hold.

Pic 7 shows what is left out of the 4'x8' sheet of metal I started with.
The plan is to weld a couple of spots that I missed then hit the seams with the sealer. Hopefully tomorrow or Saturday.
Thanks for visiting...
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 27
I hope you didn't take offence when I said floor work was boring. Just my personal feelings. I would just rather be doing something else.

Your cab is looking fantastic and you should be proud of the hard work you've put into it.

Keep hammering.

Latest posts

Back