Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 05-10-2019, 10:08 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchie View Post
Stay strong and keep at it.

Torchie
Agree. Very wise that you guys are examining stuff to this degree. We threw all the existing electrical away on the last fixer. New masthead, panel, every wire. Inspector pleased with us.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:34 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

For sure electrical is no place for shortcuts. When I moved in this house, it had two circuits. Yes, two circuits. Two 30 amp fuses ran the whole house! I don't know how it kept from burning down. My wife lived here as a kid, said it has always been that way. They did have a 220v AC and clothes dryer on the outside breaker box, and a 60 amp breaker feeding the inside panel.

I put in a new panel, all breakers and got rid of the fuses. Split everything up in different circuits, think I ran about 300 ft of 10-2 with ground wire. Replaced every light fixture and installed wall switches, most were simple pull chains on the fixtures. Almost all the bulbs now are LEDs, slowly getting rid of the squiggle fluorescents as they go out. Oh, added outlets where I could. Before, each room had one, now they have at least two, some four.

I have replumbed the whole house once, the bathroom twice. Ran new propane gas line a couple of years ago from the tank to inside. I put on one shingle roof by myself. I hired the steel roof, the brick work, and cedar siding though.

Now I'm still trying to build my add on shop/parking area, just waiting on my cousin for some steel he promised me, but about tired of waiting on him. I need to get it done this year, and I work slow anymore!
Old 05-10-2019, 11:50 PM
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
turns out we are in city limits but are in rural water district, and waddayaknow they apply the past due amount to the HOUSE and not the bill holder. so with 4 years of late fees its 1178 bucks.
That's just plain ridiculous. I understand every district, county and/or municipality have their own policies and criteria... however, SOMEBODY should have made you aware of the monies owing... most certainly your real estate agent/broker... or, the lawyer drawing the papers.

I bought my current (and forever) home from the bank and the previous owner's many creditors. In order to clear the title and own it in my name, I had to pay the creditors and remove any liens or encumbrances from the property's title. The process was easy and I didn't have to deal with the previous owner's delinquent utility accounts, period.

Anyhow, SHAME on the persons who should be looking out for you and your investment. I'd be completely cheesed and hunting for somebody's blood.

1937 Chevy Coupe
1938 Chevy Sedan

Last edited by Dr Crankenstein; 05-11-2019 at 12:07 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:08 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Crankenstein View Post

Anyhow, SHAME on the persons who should be looking out for you and your investment. I'd be completely cheesed and hunting for somebody's blood.

well, that would be ME>

I did my due diligence, I paid for a title search before we bid on the auction, I knew the extent of the encumbrances. the water bill slipped by because its on the VEEERRRY corner of the city, so it is septic not city sewer and RWD not city water. the meter reader came by and told us about their policy. I cant really figure it out, he says they only let the bill go three months overdue and tehn charge $5 month late fees, so that should be 240 for 4 years and a MAX of 100 bucks outstanding.

I need to call someone other than the meter guys contact at the office.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:45 PM
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
well, that would be ME>
Oops!

I hope you get it sorted out!

1937 Chevy Coupe
1938 Chevy Sedan
Old 05-17-2019, 07:02 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

haha no worries dr, i paid for a title search and it usually turns this stuff up, but this got missed. nobody to blame but me, wont make the same mistake again.

reinspected electrical, everything es ist alles gut! quite a bit over the first estimate but to be fair there was a lot of work to do.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:27 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

truck work!

got the firewall welded up

back on the frame

seam sealed and test fit the HVAC

my daughters were delighted by the hundreds of baby spiders on the front clip, whoops! guess its been in the driveway a while. definitely due for a wash.

I like leaving the front clip together as much as possible, and trimming carefully.

looks like I trimmed enough.

tomorrow I will set the front wheel location in the wheelarch and bolt the cab down solid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4133.jpg (91.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4136.jpg (121.0 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4138.jpg (87.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4140.jpg (106.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4141.jpg (128.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4142.jpg (118.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4143.jpg (115.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4144.jpg (105.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4145.jpg (121.5 KB, 42 views)
Old 06-12-2019, 07:43 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Great Progress. Good to see you back at it.

Torchie
Old 06-12-2019, 09:14 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Yea, I'd say plenty of clearance
Old 06-13-2019, 02:46 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Like how you're keeping the front clip intact with trim to fit. Also like the finish on your truck.