These "R" Lil' Hotrods

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlatBroke

Hostage Negotiator
I know that everyone has other hobbies besides cars and motorcycles, so I thought you guys would enjoy some pics of what "Reason4" and myself do some of the time when we are not on RRR...
Keep in mind that this is a family affair, and it is racing, for us, the kids, and just good family time togrther.....

OK, give me a minute, I gotta resize em'

OK, here they are.......

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 10
Here come yet a few more....

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 13
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 7
There are soo many reasons we got the kids in to this sort of thing. It teaches them the value of hard work, Teamwork, Leadership, But the most important thing of all, it keeps them off the streets and away from street thugs.

Just in case anyone wants to ask "How can this possibly be a hotrod", I will be glad to answer that..The engines on these things started out B&S tiller motors. With a head resurface, bored 30 over, ARC (or horstman) billett rod, RLV cam, blueprinted carb (rejetted to burn methanol) and as usual, a little tweaking on the dyno, these motors put down more than double there intended HP and TQ rating. And I will be the first to tell you these things "HAUL BUGGY". Current track record is set at 12.002 @ about 90 plus MPH....

What a rush...

Whoops!

I love kart racing. My son had a friend who raced them constantly. His friend had a bad habit of stickin' his tongue out when he got in a tight situation. OK, u guessed it... he stuck out his tongue & then got hit from the rear... bit off the end of his tongue! OUCH!

BoB

There are a few JR dragsters that show up at SRP and they pump alot of power out of those little engines.

Cool kart flat,look's like a blast.

cool ride. But very dangerous my son raced those until he got hurt and i came home from work the wife had sold everything kart 3 motors 20 sets of gears 5 sets of tires and misc parts. all i had left was trailer lol . She said if her baby was going to race it would be with a roll cage and seat belts lol . He races RC cars now lol

Tiny,
You are very right. ANY form of motorsports is "HIGHLY DANGEROUS". Some people ask "Why would you let kids do something like that", so my best response is "It keeps them away from drugs on the street", There response is usually "WOW"...
It isn't any cheaper than any other form of hotrodding, but it keeps our families in harmony with each other.

Thanks for the responses guys...

I hear that Flat broke It sure is fun.. Do you all ever get down this way to any races ? I'm not sure where there racing now but used to be 3 or 4 tracks around we could race sat and Sunday most weekends .

I can't remember the dirt tracks, but I know someone who has the lease on SunnySouth Speedway Down there in Mobile, It is (I think) 1/5 mile asphalt track.....

It is a blast, dirt or asphalt...

That's neat Flat. I don't think a lot of people realize how fast those carts really are. They are high tech racing machines now days. I think some of the Indy type drivers race shifter carts in the off season to stay sharp. I've got an outdated Margay racing cart me and my boys play with when we have time. Lotsa fun.

Gastrick,
Those ole Lynx and Margay chassis were the thing to beat in there day. Margay is still up on top of there game in the roadracing series and a lot in the shifter karts as well.
Somebody E-mailed me a link to Gixxer Kart video a while back. It is a modified Margay (I think) with an 1100cc GSxR motor on it...
That thing is down right SCARY...

We managed to get a friends son on a kart last night (For the first time). I was on the phone with the little guy when you posted, He is still grinnin' from ear to ear.....

That is really fantastic that you all do that as a family. Great way to keep the kids going in the right direction. When my Sons were young we spent most of our time out on our boat. I always knew they were only 18 feet away from me and weren't getting into any trouble. :D

I watched a program one time on these Karts, it is really a very competitive sport, and these things fly.

Thanks for posting those and for the details.

Don

It is all about the racing...Plus I use this to drill in the kids heads just how much they need math and science, especially if they want to race.

thats awesome flat, teach them values and math while they are having fun, plus you get to spend time with them. i plan to do stuff like that with my kids when we have them some day.

Latest posts

Back