1 1/2 ton flatbed chevy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok here's a pic

It'll be on the road in about 6 weeks

Attachments

• 50chevy.jpg
    50chevy.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 127
You don't drop a picture like that and not provide any information. Plus, we are going to need more pictures as well :D

not a marketing guy

Sorry I been away from the Computer.. this was a 4400 flatbed used by American Airlines... I channeled it over a 88 S10 that was a drag truck (nice 355 with huge cam).. I cut 6 inches out of the cab bottom and git it riding about 4 inches high...I cut 2 inches out of the front fenders..the cab is 6 inches lower than the front end..I also shorted it by moving the fenders and hood back on the cab by 4 inches..

is there an easy way

to post from phone? I posted the only one I've got from computer... I've attached my other rat, a 47 binder

Attachments

• Machine (2).jpg
    Machine (2).jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 99
btw I never took a pic of the '47

thousands have been taken though...many were sent to me..since the '50 isn't on the street yet and I've documented some of the build (a first for me!!) I do have maybe 20 pics on my cell phone

bill
'75 bronco
'69 Mach I
'57 chevy
'50 chevy
'47 IH

hood!!

OK 3 hrs trying to adjust hood.. putting hinges on front is giving me fits..any pointers?

also how do you make a bench seat take up less room? Anyone ever trimmed the springs to thin the bottom and back?

coming along nicely

hinging the hood on the front was a challenge.. but looks nice with the 5 inch "cowl"

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 100
flat beds are heavy!

Well I cut 5 feet off the bed while it sat on the 4400.. flipped it over and couldn't move it by hand.. took 12 inches out of the width..then removed the old 2x10's...and it still weighs about 300 pounds.. it's now 62" long (cut a few inches off the frame..and 76" wide... thinking I'd take it so low that I would have to cut notches for the tires..thoughts??..never ratted a flatbed but I think it'll be cool

Latest posts

Back