Tech Assist

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robber grin

1. What does everyone recommend I run for vacuum line from the carb to the frame mounted disk brake booster? My buddy suggested 3/8" fuel line...

2. How can I figure out my speedometer cable (and length) given the fact that it's an 89 Dodge AX15 five speed manual transmission (converted to gear driven speedometer cable drive) and a Dolphin universal speedometer? I'd like to find a compatible over the counter solution...

Thanks gang.

Attachments

• From Phone 1493.JPG
    From Phone 1493.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • Tach and Speedo Close up.jpg
    Tach and Speedo Close up.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Mechanical Sender in Tail Housing (2).JPG
    Mechanical Sender in Tail Housing (2).JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Mechanical Sender in Tail Housing II.JPG
    Mechanical Sender in Tail Housing II.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 0
I’d run 3/8” fuel injection hose for the power booster. It will cost more per ft, but it won’t rot in six months like normal fuel hose does anymore.

thanks, Bamamav... I was just thinking the same thing. Called Dolphin and their guy said any 5/8-18 female to 7/8 female cable should work - theirs is 69". Off to the parts house...

The trans end looks like the old standard Mopar/GM speedo end. I have no idea what is on the end of the Dolphin speedo. 69" should be plenty long.

I got Fuel Injection hose for the booster vacuum line and sourced a speedometer cable that worked out perfectly. Thank you for your constructive feedback.

Latest posts

Back