rat rod jeep build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one step forward

did a lot of measurin and a little bobbin today. im planning on keeping the origional brakes and suspension, so i quit at the sway bar. thats about where the grille is going to sit, if i can push it back a little more i will. i plan to cap the frame rail and put the tow hooks back on too. (you never know) if ive measured right i might not even have to shorten the frame to keep the proportions in the ball park! a home made pickup bed and bigger tires will do it. the firewall will be right about where the "a" is on the frame rail, and the bed will begin about where the little body mount is just in front of the spring mount. i'm plannin to bob the rear tomorrow if the rain holds off. i know its not big progress but not bad for me, my projects have a tendencie to drag on......

Attachments

• jeep front photo 4.jpg
    jeep front photo 4.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 71
Hey, any progress is good. A friend of mine told me that even 20mins a day doing something will actually accomplish more than you think over time. Plus it keeps you motivated. Keep up the good work.

Can't see it either ...

I couldn't see it either, so I re-posted it. Then I could see it twice. I cut and pasted it in. Not sure what is up. It seems to take a while to show up...

When trying to view the link directly, got this:

"HTTP ERROR 403: Problem accessing /service/home/~/.
Reason: must authenticate"

Not sure what that means, but count another who can't see the image. [S

pictures

had a hard tim loading it, maybe its something i did? ill try again. tried to load a couple more but keep getting error messages:mad: i guess i'll have to get my son to show me what im doing wrong[S

Attachments

• jeep front photo 4.jpg
    jeep front photo 4.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 13
try it again

ok lets see if this is right. i guess the size was to big! 1st is obviously before. my trusty harbor freight sawzall....and where were at. the plan is to put the towhooks back on the outside and put ajeep style cover and short bumper up front.

Attachments

• jeep front photo 1.JPG
    jeep front photo 1.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 87
  • jeep front photo 2.JPG
    jeep front photo 2.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 81
  • jeep front photo 3.JPG
    jeep front photo 3.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 81
  • jeep front photo 4.JPG
    jeep front photo 4.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 80
  • jeep front photo 5.JPG
    jeep front photo 5.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 73
Ok.
Can you see it now???
Can you see it now???
Can you see it now???

:D

Attachments

• Jeep.jpg
    Jeep.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 77
havent had time to make any progress:( workin and such. been working on the fairing for my roadstar, gotta get my rider ready for the season, and the wife is kinda mad at me so i cant get any quality time in on the jeep. she just found out im bringing home another motorcycle from massachusettes [ddd when we go visit the new grand baby next month.:D hope you all are having better luck getting quality time with your projects

havent had time to make any progress:( workin and such. been working on the fairing for my roadstar, gotta get my rider ready for the season, and the wife is kinda mad at me so i cant get any quality time in on the jeep. she just found out im bringing home another motorcycle from massachusettes [ddd when we go visit the new grand baby next month.:D hope you all are having better luck getting quality time with your projects
Something is bound to get in the way once in a while. I had ten straight days off, and spent the last four laid up lame with a gout attack in my left foot. I know my aches and pains are chump change compared to some of the lads here, but they are mine and all I got. I am grateful for that, when I'm not whining about it. :eek:

yeah corpo, i saw that and liked it lots! thats what origionally got me goin on the jeep project. a coworker and i go to the salvage yard every couple weeks just to see what the local idiots threw away! i cant believe what i see cross the scale as SCRAP! heaven forbid i should find a descent vw, the ol lady will kill me in my sleep!

progress

finally got some quality time with the jeep project, man can a guy get buisy with a house wife kids and grankid! i am truly blessed:rolleyes: pushed dragged and swore, but finally got her back in the shop and trimmed all those ugly factory brackets and mounts off! lookin pretty svelt!

Attachments

• jeep slim photo 1.JPG
    jeep slim photo 1.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 93
  • jeep slim photo 2.JPG
    jeep slim photo 2.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 96
  • jeep slim photo 3.JPG
    jeep slim photo 3.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 83
  • jeep slim photo 4.JPG
    jeep slim photo 4.JPG