Bought myself a new toy!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you meant Swiss. My neighbor is from Switzerland and I showed him my Schmidt Ruben and says, "do you know how to field strip it"? He had the rifle and bolt field stripped in seconds.

I also have a Swedish Mauser Model 1896 manufactered by Carl Gustas in 1899 the bore looks like it was made yesterday. Some say Swedish steel is the best in the world a high grade tool steel alloyed with nickel, copper, and vanadium, a product noted for its strength and corrosion resistance.

Newest black gun I.O inc Hellhound AK-47 Tactical
2012-11-04_12-37-45_837.jpg

very nice. My pops bought an AK when I was about 8 or 9. I remember he let me shoot it that day. Almost put me on my a$$. He laughed until he cried.

In about 1979 my then wife and I went to visit a lady she worked with and her husband. I had never met them but they lived on 27 acres in the boonies and lived off of the land pretty much. They hunted deer and grew their own food. In the Winter their Jeeps wouldn't even make it all the way to the house and they had to walk the rest of the way.

After we were there for a while the subject turned to hunting and guns and I made the comment that a .45 automatic was a useless weapon because I am a pretty good shot and couldn't hit the broad side of the barn when I shot them in the service. He said "Then you have never shot a good one." He brought out a couple that he used in match competition and we went into the back yard and started blowing stuff up. Those guns were very accurate and I was hitting stuff dead on.

He then took me upstairs and told me I was going to see his collection that no one knew about. He said if it ever got out he feared someone would break in and kill him and his wife for it, but they were getting ready to move to Florida (this was in Pennsylvania) so he felt safe showing me it. He took his fist and hit the panelling on the wall and it dropped open and the insides were hollow and lined with rifle after rifle. He kept opening wall panels and there were more and more guns in every section. Must have been 200 rifles of every description in that room. He even had the first gun his Dad gave him when he was a boy.

It's just amazing what some people collect and the extent of their collections.

Don

I think you meant Swiss. My neighbor is from Switzerland and I showed him my Schmidt Ruben and says, "do you know how to field strip it"? He had the rifle and bolt field stripped in seconds.

I also have a Swedish Mauser Model 1896 manufactered by Carl Gustas in 1899 the bore looks like it was made yesterday. Some say Swedish steel is the best in the world a high grade tool steel alloyed with nickel, copper, and vanadium, a product noted for its strength and corrosion resistance.

Yeah.
I also have a couple Carl Gustav mausers. Nice pieces for sure but I have a hard time liking the cock on close.
Also just scored a Steyr straight pull. Nice looking piece but needs a good cleaning. Also picked up a Savage 342 in 22 hornet on trade this fall.

saw a funny thing today " said if guns kill people, how does anyone make it out of a gunshow alive?"

ive gotten very paranoid in the last year or so with the govt. and such ... i quit buying from shows and stores bc of the records *(in texas person to person transactions require no registration etc) and only buy ammo with cash ...

you know doctors are supposed to ask you how many guns are in your household now ... -- what a strange question i thought -- none..... *of your business?? got to thinking about it and what is probably the largest database in the US ? Med. records ... i dunno - sorry about the rant... just thinking.

Very nice. I just built my first AR using a S&W lower and mostly DPMS parts.

Thanks. It sure was a learning experience. Most of my parts are dpms with custom barrel and lower assembly from a local machine shop. My next thing to learn is completing an 80% lower

Just picked this up. Remington R1 1911 45ACP

DSC_0017-1_zpsc8c26690.jpg

A quick sampling of some hand guns.

The 1911 clan
DSC_0033-1_zpseaf84955.jpg

The Berettas
DSC_0042_zps905f19af.jpg

DSC_0059_zpsa7002c7b.jpg

The polymers
Glock
DSC_0045-1_zps44a970c5.jpg

Smith & Wesson