Bought myself a new toy!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not long ago I was buying those mosins for $65 a pop at big5.
Not really worth much more than that but.
They do fire.

Not long ago I was buying those mosins for $65 a pop at big5.
Not really worth much more than that but.
They do fire.

And ammo is cheap. Now you can't find them for under $100. I've had a couple, long tie ago. Not a bad old gun. Also on the same line is the Arisaka, good tough old gun for cheap.
Bad thing is, by the time you turn down the bolt, rework the trigger, have it drilled for a scope and buy a new stock you have more into them than a good used sporting rifle would cost. That is if you have to pay a gunsmith ($100 min to drill for scope and turn down the bolt) $40-$75 for a decent trigger and another $100 for a stock, plus the $100 the gun costs. But then I have several old military models I've went that route on, and would do it again just because I like to.

I bought a Mosin 91/59 for $49 from Big 5 years ago it was in excellent, like new condition. I also have a Model 91, 91 Dragoon, 99/31 and a 91/44 and several thousand round of ammo.
That's so true WB. I know have $400 in a $150 rifle. But I wasnt worried about the cost. Is just something I wanted to build. Like $5000 in a $1000 rat rod.

My Enfield BSA Jungle Carbine.
you got me thinking
i have dies,brass and cast gas checked boolits for all kinda milsurp rounds.
and have yet to load a single round.
we should make some and test em out.
POW! POW![cl

installation was a breeze.
it slipped right on but the screws only needed about 1/2 a turn before they were snug and i tried to twist the brake after each screw got one full turn.
no way
that thing is locked on there.
i kinda like the death ray/howitzer/G.I.JOE sized cannon look too! ;)

This most of my Military collection. 1943 Winchester M1 Carbine, 1943Springfield 03A3, 1953 Springfield M1 Garand. No picture of the 1918 Springfield RIA 03

2 Japanese Arisakas Type 38, Lee Enfield No.1 Mk III, Swiss Schmidt Rubin K31

Spanish FR8 Mauser, Spanish M43 Mauser, German K98 Mauser, Yugo M48 Mauser, Turkish M38 Mauser, I don't have a picture of my Swedish M96.

Russian Mosin Nagant M44 and French MAS 36

Yugo and Chinese SKS's

Romanian AK74 5.54X39

The scary black ghost guns!b:eek:[ddd

i used to have a fair milsurp collection but i gave some away as presents
and swapped a bunch for various hotrod/jeep parts.
now i am down to only 15 guns total.......:(

I see plenty of milsurp, can ya shoot that table ya use for a prop? I have a Brunswick 80/100 years old here...

My latest project. I had a Ruger 10/22 NIB just waiting to be modified.

Ruger reciever

Boyds Stock

KSA fluted threaded .920" bull barrel with Tactical Solutions Compensator.

Titanium trigger and sear. Titanium extended mag release and bolt cocking handle.

Waiting for my Nikon Prostaff Rimfire Scope.

Well you will probably never get 10/22 then. We'll never see those prices again.

Nope never again:(

Here's my 10/22 collection.
Purple one is the wife's ,gray one is mine
Stock wood one and then our liberty rifles for the Appleseed shoot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back