how many drive with 2 feet??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
l am really thinking about this a lot lately.

l just talked to some people at the car show about how they drive, only 1 foot or 2 feet [not counting clutch cars] and l was amazed at how many do the 2 feet method.

my girlfriend and her kids tell me driving with 2 feet is not as safe as 1 foot,
if you don't drag the brake, l say it's safer.

the other point is that a lot of times with the finicky older cars ya have to keep it running when ya stop so, 2 feet is almost mandatory.

finally, backing in to hook-up a trailer, 1 foot or 2 feet[S

fire away with any and all opinions[cl

Later:cool:

I generally drive with two feet when the light is getting ready to change and the guy in the next lane looks like easy pickins. [ddev:D:D

Don

I always drive with 2 feet, but only use 1 for the pedals. :p
I drive a forklift using both feet.
I drive a stick with my left foot ready at the clutch and my right hand on the shifter. Always. Well, almost always - my 63 F100 requires both hands on the wheel to turn a corner ...the thing steers like a truck.

I gotta go with your girl and her kids on this one:) With the occasional exception like Don mentioned I always drive with one foot! If you're on the gas ya don't need the brake and vice versa ....backing into a trailer ya might but the heel toe thing should suffice for that. I think the two foot method is a bad habit to get into......especially if I make it to senility and start forgetting which foot is which :D Just my two cents :)

I'm a two footer. I normally drive a manual transmission car, but I still use both feet when I drive an automatic.

If I had to guess, I'd say my reaction time is quicker than most one footers in panic braking.

I'm a two-footer in the rod, but a one footer in my other newer vehic's. The rod's brake pedal is higher then the gas, so it's easier and I find safer for me.
Brian

Race an automatic on oval track, and you will become a two footer, or you won't be competitive!!

Exactly! I did the same when I raced an auto on a dirt track. Alway keep the revs up.

014-1.jpg

Last edited:
im a one footer usually except when backing up to a trailer or when you got to keep giving it gas to keep it ruining lol at night i set the cruise control and hold my right foot above the brake just in case Ive got to make a quick stop

however my dad is a 2 footer because he got kicked in the Right knee by a cow which tore all his ligaments and he had to go through 3 surgery's and its still messed up a little so i think it hurts him to use his right foot for the brake

When I asphalt late model raced I used 2 feet it's smoother.
When I drag race it's faster with 2 feet.
When I drive on the street it's 1 foot just habit and as long as you don't drag the brake 2 feet would also be smoother.
Snake Farm the attachment is for you as an excuse when you're senile.:eek:

Attachments

• Took off on it's own.jpg
    Took off on it's own.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
For my daily drivers, I'm a one footer. But in my 27, I'm a two footer, but for only convenience. Due to positioning of gas and brake pedal, its just easier and more comfortable to drive with two feet in that car. My brake pedal is where you'd expect it to be, but my gas is at the top of the transmission hump. So its a fairly big gap between the pedals.

I have lots of fun watching people try to find my gas pedal, and get asked at least once ever show why I only have one pedal. If I put it closer to the brake, it would be in an awkward spot on the hump, and I wouldn't be able to relax and rest my foot, as it would constantly slide down the hump. Where it is now, I can just rest my foot on the hump and it doesn't slide down.

When asked, I typically tell people that you only need one pedal...brakes are for wusses.

Race an automatic on oval track, and you will become a two footer, or you won't be competitive!!

Exacty what I was going to say. You never lift the right foot, and the left foot helps you steer.:D

I usually drive on the road with one.
Seems like most 2 pedal cars, have the pedals so close together that you have to squeeze your legs together to use both. And that gets your nuts all scrunched up.

I never could get the hang of driving with my feet so I'm still using my hands and always keep both of them on the wheel! :eek:

Toad

2 footer. I got a little Parkinsons Desease so my right foot ain't as quick as my left. I hung the brake pedal on the left of the column in my 56.

And watch the senility remarks.. LOL.

Attachments

• DANGNABBIT.jpg
    DANGNABBIT.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 12
I rarely drive an auto so I think that's why I only use one foot when I do. Trying to push in the clutch in an auto tends to make you stop fast! DOH!

Latest posts

Back