how many drive with 2 feet??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my old 55 pickup, the engine was right between the seats, so with no room for a gas pedal, I mounted it on the left !! And I still only used one foot !! Very interesting to drive after a few wobbly pops. If you two foot it during a driving test, you will fail........

Attachments

• mid 55 5 a.jpg
    mid 55 5 a.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 3
I worked it out myself when I got my '68 Nova, as I'd never driven an auto before.

The traffic is so crazy where I live that you had to stick about half a year from the car in front, in slow traffic, or someone would try to squeeze into the gap, thus I needed to cover the brake and throttle to maintain that small gap continuously.

I never realised it wasn't the norm, just seemed like the obvious way to me. In a hurried stop you waste valuable seconds removing your foot from the throttle and across to the brake, if you practise single foot usage.

My last hot rod had the steering column between the two pedals, so you had no choice but to use two feet.

I honestly don't see how anybody would safe that single foot driving is 'safer' than using two feet? Why would it be?? In what way? [S:confused:

It would be interesting to see the difference in reaction times in a "panic" stop.
If it really is a difference it would be miniscule and you are probably driving to aggressively or not paying attention if you really need that couple extra milliseconds.

Ok, next question: When you cop a feel, do you use one hand or two? [ddd

Depends if I have my arm around her or if I'm walking up behind her...either one usually gets me slapped...but after all these years I still haven't learned and do it anyway[ddd

I have been left foot/right footin it since I can remember! all the race cars were either full throttle and stab the brake for speed reduction or it was to load the suspension at the line. if it was a standard then it was heel toe so it was still 2 feet for 3 pedals [S. I thought autos were built with 2 pedals cause there are 2 feet to put on them! [cl

Nothing I hate worse than following some clown (or old lady) with the brake lights coming on every 2 seconds....You can tell they are left foot brakers.....

Many driving instructors will actually penalize you for 2 foot driving......

I can see it for racing etc, but not on the street......If your older car is that finicky that you have to 2 foot drive, fix the friggin thing.

I used to drive with two but I was so used to driving a standard I would forget and push in the clutch foot when comin to a stop forgetting it was on the brake! Haha made for a screeching halt. So I went to one foot

It bugs me so much to see a little old lady with her brake lights flashing that I forced myself to drive with one.

It would be interesting to see the difference in reaction times in a "panic" stop.
If it really is a difference it would be miniscule and you are probably driving to aggressively or not paying attention if you really need that couple extra milliseconds.

When you are trying to stick half a yard from the car in front (I put year in my post and it won't let me edit) [S that second or two make a lot of difference. Plus it is easier, rather than jumping back and forth constantly.

I guess I was raised on three pedal cars, so it just seemed more natural to me to utilise both my feets. :D

"Drive" is the key word

I drive with one foot- always.
When I am stopped I have to left foot the brake,
drop into N, and rev so the loose baffle in my
muffler doesn't rattle.

Actually I don't know if it quits rattling, I just
can't hear it over the engine.

I was thinking of putting a manual tranny in just
so I had something to do with my left foot
when driving.

Two-footer here. Just because you use both feet, doesn't mean the left foot has to ride on the brake pedal!

Can vouch for using both pedals at the same time in a sprint car, however-even @ wide open!

Attachments

• 2006 K-C.jpg
    2006 K-C.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 2
I drive with one foot on the pedals. The other foot is usually in my mouth...
Regarding copping feels: still tryin to get a handle on that (no pun intended). I find I just need more practice. [cl

Latest posts

Back