68 f100 ranger

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidhud29

1263920912.jpg

Thinking of filling in the section in the back. My dad had original plans of putting the radiator there. What do you think?

1263920910.jpg

1263920909.jpg

Front clip is from a 93 ranger 4cyl. my brother let go to crap.
I don't know why this pic. is so small.

1263920904.jpg

Inside view from rear window looking in. Not much to see yet.

Most all the parts are in the garage to finish it up. Just gotta figure where they go. Then make brackets to hold 'em. Then grind the welds. then reweld 'em. Then grind 'em again. Then paint 'em. Then realize it doesn't work and do it over.

damn dude that thing is sick was the body peaked on the side like that originally or did you do it ??

What engine/trans combo do you plan on using? I really like your project. You know you may of started something there.

What engine/trans combo do you plan on using? I really like your project. You know you may of started something there.

Ford 390 with C-6 auto. I have been reluctant to post any pics of this truck, because I want to be the first and be unique. That's hard to do anymore.:mad: I figured only a handful of people will like it, and most wont. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, but if people really like it I would rather start building them and selling them. Instead of people just trying to copy it. So far any one that has seen it has liked it. So it would be cool to get the thing done and see where it goes from there.
Pics were moved from top so here ya go again
1263920904.jpg

1263920909.jpg

1263920910.jpg

1263920912.jpg

Last edited:
Well I ain't much of a ford guy but I got to say your truck awesome.I sure would like to see more pixs of this one.Could you tell us more about it.

Here's all of the pic.s I have. Some things have been changed. The rear end configuration wasn't working so it's been redone. The dash is empty. No glove box or anything.
The truck was bought as a parts truck by my dad for his other truck (stock 69 Ranger with 302). It had some good trim etc., he needed for his driver. The front end is from a 93 Ranger my brother had and wasn't running. So naturally we tore them apart and made a Franken Rod. This was my dads project. I helped him a lot on it, but he did most of the work until now. He has decided he no longer has any interest in it, and gave it to me. I had a 50 Ford "shoebox" I sold when I moved; thinking I would help him finish this first, then buy something else for me. But I guess this works too. My dad says that's what hot rods used to be. Using what you had and could make on a budget. So here ya go. Of course as you can see there is a TON of work in this thing. And for what he has spent buying hop up parts (+labor) we could have had a "real" hot rod. It's still pretty cool. The year of the truck, the front end (93 ranger) and things like this will keep it out of "some" car shows. But I still like it. It may not be a traditional rod. But it is built with the traditional spirit. Thank you for all the comments and support. I think I found a new home on this forum.
htrd10.jpg

htrd8.jpg

htrd7.jpg

htrd6.jpg

htrd4.jpg

That is the best flowing 'late model' rat truck I have seen yet! Keepin' it Ford too - nice.

Btw, I kinda like the rad in the tailgate idea.

That is the best flowing 'late model' rat truck I have seen yet! Keepin' it Ford too - nice.

Btw, I kinda like the rad in the tailgate idea.

Yea I think I'm gonna go with the radiator in the tailgate. Fill in the gate with a louvered panel.
Ummm.... Fords are supposed to have Ford motors, Ford suspension and Ford drivers.[ddev
No S-10 stuff here.:rolleyes: Actually one of the reasons my dad decided to use the Ford front clip is because people are so against it as a viable option. He wanted to prove it will work.
When it's done it will be all Ford. (Except the U-HAUL trailer frame parts used to make the rear frame, and the old air compressor gas tank, and the new radiator and wiring harness) Some parts are 68 some 69 some 32 some 74 some 93 some 28 and some I don't remember. But all Ford.

Great work. It's really different and I like it! It just proves it's not just the metal, it's what you do with it that makes the difference.

I'm glad I got to see it. Now I'm holding you to driving down to the Mt. Juliet Cruise this Spring so I can check it out in person. :D

Thunder

Great work. It's really different and I like it! It just proves it's not just the metal, it's what you do with it that makes the difference.

I'm glad I got to see it. Now I'm holding you to driving down to the Mt. Juliet Cruise this Spring so I can check it out in person. :D

Thunder

THIS spring. I'll try. When and where exactly is said cruise.

Latest posts

Back