68 f100 ranger

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear you on the time thing.. life gets busy and if your priorities are straight which they must be... tinkering in the garage gets put aside..

you can do it man.. Ill be supporting you from my keyboard.. good luck

Glad to hear from ya again! I just linked to your build a couple days ago as an example of a excellent post 50's bobber. Hope you can spare the time. It shouldn't be hard to get it past the wife. How can you argue against "a guy wants to write a book about it"?

Thank you for the replies. Last night I came home not feeling to well. Spent the night violently throwing up :eek: with diahrea.:mad: So my plan to get back at it hard this morning is not working out to well, as I feel terrible.:( I think everyone else has had this bug but me. I thought I was in the clear. Guess again.:p

i think i'm in love with your project, totally cool idea, awesome looking truck, i love the way how you respected the cab/bed lines, and made it all as one, if i had 4 arms, there would be 4 thumbs up for you, keep the good work, congrats on inspiring me[cl

I meant to post this already. I previewed the post to make sure the pic.s uploaded and apparently never actually posted anything. I guess this should go under the "What have you done lately that's stupid" thread.:eek:

Anyway I got the rear end bolted back together finally. Put the tranny dipstick tube in, installed a vacuum line and mounted the shifter. It's all hooked up and shifts good. Oh yeah, I did cut that drive shaft and get it put in.
You can mount the shifter on top or underneath the trans. tunnel. I wanted to mount on top, but the side piece that connects the linkage just wouldn't work mounted on top.
The tunnel felt flimsy with the shifter bolted in. So I welded in some strips where it bolts to the tunnel to add some strength. I like it, nice look, nice height. Next.... I don't know

shifter3.jpg

shifter4.jpg

shifter2.jpg

shifter1.jpg

I liked this truck from the beginning. I have one of these, too, but I am going this direction with it. It is just really different...it is really going to catch your eye! I can't wait to see it done!

Well, see, life tends to get in the way of progress. At least hot rod progress.;) Believe me I think about it all the time. If I could get this thing to a shop they could have it done in a week. Or if I had some descent friends interested in the thing we would have it done. But I don't, and I have a family and job. Anytime I do work on it I feel bad because I feel I should be spending that time with the family. Even though the old lady tells me just go work on it sometimes. Money and time are your projects worst enemies. They both have been hard to come by lately. My wifes truck has been a nightmare. I have decided it needs to go away and just get her something else. I have started a new business in an attempt to have more time and money. But I had to work my reg. job and start it on the side until I felt comfortable quitting the reg. job. It's working out ok so far. But I still can't seem to find the time and money to put into the rod. It's only been a month since I quit the reg. job though. So maybe I can get back on track soon.

I did try to get my gas tank welded up. I keep having problems with pin hole leaks at the weld though. I have some por-15 I planned to use on it just to seal up rust contamination. Now I'm not sure if I want to rely on it to seal the holes or just scrap the tank and buy a fuel cell to hide under the bed floor. Either way I think will look good. And there are + and - to both ideas.

Latest posts

Back