cantilever suspension

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few Examples.....

This is one from this site, but can't remember who did it.
Bagmounts.jpg

Others
100_0454.jpg

100_0450.jpg

ratrodframepaintingDec2608034.jpg

They might even all be from here. Don't remember

Really nice looking setups!

I'm wondering if the air lines being T'd together was a temporary thing? Seems a shame to do all that nice fab work for a great suspension and then foul it up by Tee ing them together

Really nice looking setups!

I'm wondering if the air lines being T'd together was a temporary thing? Seems a shame to do all that nice fab work for a great suspension and then foul it up by Tee ing them together

Not sure how the T fouls it up, it would ensure that the air pressure is the same on both sides. I am sure there would be some major stresses put on the suspension with one side jacked and the other aired out. It's not a Caprice or a Impala... Maybe that's just me though...:(

Not sure how the T fouls it up, it would ensure that the air pressure is the same on both sides. (

If you run a T like that, it increases roll. As the car corners, air in the outer bag is pushed over to the inner bag which already has less force being applied to it.

If you run a T like that, it increases roll. As the car corners, air in the outer bag is pushed over to the inner bag which already has less force being applied to it.

I agree. All the air will exit the bag on the outside of a corner and put in the bag on the inside of the corner. TONS of body roll!
BUT you could just put a valve inline so when you fill the bags, the valve is open to put in the exact same pressure, then close the valve once full to keep each section separate.

That guy had a build thread on here...the t was only used in the pic to air up the bags. I could be wrong and he may have left the t which would be no good unless you valves in the lines to stop side to side transfer.

Umm........... correct me if I am wrong, but if you put a valve in to stop side to side transfer for the bags, then you wouldnt be able to let the air back out.......????? unless of course you did it with electric valves and got creative with switch, but then at that point why wouldn't you use 1 valve per bag anyway because you would still be using 4 valves......???

Anyways I would love to hear from some one that has built one I am thinking of doing it myself......

Not sure how the T fouls it up, it would ensure that the air pressure is the same on both sides. I am sure there would be some major stresses put on the suspension with one side jacked and the other aired out. It's not a Caprice or a Impala... Maybe that's just me though...:(

Perhaps i should've chosen a different word instead of 'foul', but the other members here did a good job of explaining what i meant.

And i agree with Neverdone, running a valve after the 'T' dosen't make much sence to me.

Run a valve for each corner

On a bug that had a dropped I beam (speedway) that snapped in half after about 100 miles and the owner built his own suspension.
Tim

Attachments

• P1010061.jpg
    P1010061.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 142
  • bummer5.jpg
    bummer5.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 126

Latest posts

Back