Last Chance: 4,000 old cars in East Troy to be crushed by winter 2014

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 60 T-Bird .... I think anything above a 78 go ahead and crush it save the older ones that can be some use . but I guess its like around here $ talks .. When people are getting $300 at min. for small cars running or blown up , things get gone quick .Neighbor had a 96 ford tarus had a bad trans good running V-6 fair tires body, moon roof , looked good ... battery and all , turn the key and starts right up .. $300 scrap man stuck forks threw the side of it and piled it on top of some more cars ... $$$$$$$$$$

I gotta wonder if he's selling parts cheap or still wanting premium even though they are getting crushed. Like the old BS ads "$900 or it gets scraped Monday!"

I know a lot of these type of reports turn out to be bogus but my buddy & I went to one here in central Texas back when metal was at it's peak that was about 50 acres & they'd already crushed about 1/2 of it! There were plenty of old Mopars with Hemi's just sitting around just waiting for someone to rescue them... sadly they're all gone now!

BoB

I have been past this yard several times it was heavily wooded cars strewn about.. it is indeed in East troy WI... drove past late last weekend and most of the trees have been cut down and the cars were getting lined up. all the later model stuff that use to be near the road is all gone.

I had never been inside because word of mouth had told me you needed to know the guy to get back in there...

I am considering going tomorrow.. its about 2 hours from here...

I had seen some photos a few years ago and there were quite a few 40s and 50's 1.5 ton trucks that had good sheet metal there was also 33 ford 1.5 ton don't know if that stuff is still there or gone. There was also the remnants of a 356 Porsche convertible

…..I am considering going tomorrow.. its about 2 hours from here…
….

If you do go would you keep an eye out for rear seats for my 1951 Bel Air? I believe a '52 works too. But Fleetline's (fast back ) 4 doors & conv. do not. I was planning on going next Friday the 12th.

will do, I had emailed them to verify they were going to be open.. since it suggested that you do that.. haven't heard back and that was on Wednesday

I dont really need it but that tow boom is pretty awesome.. also theres a couple of cab overs.. next project???

8liter me and that yellow man took a walk along the road ,, what we could see was in the 70s .. alot of square body stuff ... I bet the good stuff was way back off the road ... I would of loved to walk threw them cars .. It would be like in a candy store ..

Not going to lie it was pretty awesome... Whoever said there was 400 cars is full of it... Most of the cars were pretty rough but some save able projects...I'm not in place to haul home a new project but I did get some parts... Prices were very fair..

I'll post up some pictures later when I got time... But I only took pics in the beginning once I got involved climbing over stuff I stopped with the picture taking...

Not going to lie it was pretty awesome... Whoever said there was 400 cars is full of it....

:cool:

Did you see any 1950-1954 Chevys? Any model??

A rear seat is my main mission but, I could always use a bucket of model specific screws, nuts, bolts, brackets & trim.

Thanks

I cant say that i did.. but i definitely did not see it all... there was this olds that greeted you when you came through the gates

I was really surprised at the number of old divcos that were in the yard... I wanted the tow truck.. it was in rough shape but it was awesome.. Talked to the yard guy.. its the only vehicle that wasnt for sale...

I took the gas tank off this one.. and then was told i couldnt buy it cause they wanted to sell the truck whole.. oops.. i wasnt off to a great start..

I got some cool odds and ends out of this bus... this thing was awesome.. had to be from the 30s.. the skin was all aluminum riveted construction.. i would have attempted this project if i had the space...

there honestly wasnt much real old stuff aka 30s and 40's

Latest posts

Back