1 tail light???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelseydum

Just wondering what the laws say about running 1 tail light. I know it's what the vehicle was at the time it was released, but we build rat rods. Can you get away with one tail light? I'm in Arkansas... I know some places are different.

Most places will go by what was original equipment on the vehicle. If it was manufactured with only one tail light, then that is all that is required. However, there are quite a few Johnny Law's out there that aren't going to see it that way and just look for something to mess with you over. Do you really want to give them that chance? Besides, SAFETY is always an issue. When you are low down and hard to see anyways, why increase your chances of being ass-packed by some retard in a SUV? I run two bright tail lights on everything...

My father-in-law was pulled over in Minnesota driving my '48 1 ton (before it was mine) because there was only one tail light. Young cop realized that it was factory, complemented him on the old truck and let him go.

I plan on putting two lights back there. I like the idea of other motorists around me having some idea of my actions/intentions...a courtesy I appreciate from others on the road with me as well. You know-the Ahole who cuts you off only to brake hard then turn without using their blinker!:mad:

1 lite!

My panel truck has only 1 factory light & people talking on their cell phones are always getting too close when I brake... & I'm pretty sure that's the reason. I'm gonna go to 2 tail lights to try & keep them off my bumper. :mad:

BoB

Am in full agreement with the 2 light folks. I actually moved the taillights up on mommas truck. When she became uneasy with the brightness of the stock ones, I made the conversion to LEDs.

Two lights are always better than one if you plan on really driving your vehicle. Good chance the person behind you is either text messaging, doing eye liner, talkin on the phone, watching a movie, drinking a beer........ the list goes on.

If you're gonna run one brake light, beef up your rear bumper. I've even thought about running some hidden LED strips for extra brake lighting.

Latest posts

Back