1919 overland phaeton..low and a bit loud

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

59ponchorat

picked this up today...

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 86
yeah i love it...started raining today and i didnt even rush home...its not for the weak at heart,thats for sure..a little tweaking and i will be happy..

Cool car, but some serious safety issues right off the bat. Shame on you if you were really out driving that with an exposed driveshaft. Maybe you are suicidal, but it's just plain dumb to put others at risk like that. I'm being a little harsh here, but it's just plain common sense. Get a floor and a driveshaft hoop in that thing before it leaves the driveway. To make it worse, it looks like that driveshaft has been cut in the middle and welded back together. BIG no-no! Once again something that needs fixed before it sees a public road. If you aren't able to shorten a driveshaft properly then take it to a local driveline shop and have one made.

Like I said you have the start to a neat little ride there, but use some common sense and live to enjoy driving it!

Can't tell with the rag wrapped around the u-joint. What's the deal with that? Regardless, it is still going to move internally as well as vertically and should be under wraps. If the U-joint inside the torque tube goes it can STILL come apart on you. Like I said before, cool start to a car but keep others safety in mind before it hits the road. Not a big deal to put a proper floor/tunnel in it...

Looks like a enclosed driveshaft in a torquetube... Rag around the cup covering the u-joint. Probably Chevy truck.

Nasty looking ride 59ponchorat.

Neat Bucket, I like it alot. Hey, it's your own safety, Heck, I got alot of exposed parts on my chopper too. To each thier own, this is still America, right?

Neat Bucket, I like it alot. Hey, it's your own safety, Heck, I got alot of exposed parts on my chopper too. To each thier own, this is still America, right?

It IS still America. That's why I can't figure out why the politicians complain about overpopulation but then make wearing your seat belt a federal law [S

Latest posts

Back