1926 model T frame

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just got a 1926 T roadster frame is it a good start for a v8 coupe hot rod?:confused: it is a uncut roller i know about 2x4 tubing for the sides any thing about the springs, axles etc.

Attachments

• IMAG0039-1.jpg
    IMAG0039-1.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 57
  • IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0041.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 33
Sorry to rain on your parade but noting there is usable, except maybe the rear spring. Those old T frames were meant to hold a 20 hp engine and go 20 mph. You will be money and time ahead to build or buy a new 2 x 3 tube chassis to start with.

I'm thinking it would be easier to just use 2x3 or 2x4 tube. By the time you boxed the original frame you could make one much stronger. the "T" frame is just two straight weak rails anyways.

The guys are right, model T frames are only good on stock model T's. Probably the weakest of all the Ford frames.........no one uses them. Build a proper one out of 2 x 3 or 2 x 4 and you will be way ahead.

Don

That good to know thank you for the help , time to move it, how much should I ask for it I got so body pieces to cowl ,doors,trunk if I am not going to use it pass it on to someone who will

Unfortunelty not much good for a modern v8 hot rod.i have a similar frame under my 26 t sedan.I had a frame built by a guy by the name of mr mom's t buckets in Polson,montana.I wanted a good solid starting point for my first rod build.I paid 350.00 for a basic 2x3 heavy wall frame with a 10 inch kick up and the spring perch front end.i do think i could have built it for that and even after the 4-5 hour drive to pick it up i was very happy with it.Very nice guy to deal with as well,can make your frame from basic to all the brackets as you wish.I found him through ebay.The doors and cowl are worth something to the right guy.I think i sold my spare solid cowl for 150.00 and i bought a really good solid set of doors for 400.00 for my project.

Latest posts

Back