1927 International S-24 Speed Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Banger

I found this old IH south of Nanaimo, B.C. in 1987. That is my dad giving it the old heave ho. He bought it for $1300 and sold it about 10 years ago.
4 cyl Lycoming engine with a 3 speed and a little PTO driven air compressor. I believe later Speed Trucks had six speeds. This truck was shipped to the dealer without a cab, it did have a cowl, dash, winshield and floorboards but as I understood some buyers back then had custom cab/bodies built. This truck worked on a potato farm in Lumby, B.C. and was stored in a root cellar before the war and remained there until the 80's. We still have the original wood rim for the steering wheel is here somewhere. That is a spare rear end on the back of the truck.

IMG_0004.jpg

thats a cool old truck.. did you guys restore it before you sold it? if so.. got any after pictures?

No, we didn't restore that truck. My dad got cancer and I didn't have anywhere to store it besides already having enough on my plate. Dad sold it to a friend of his who just wanted to have a few old trucks on his property. I think it is in or near Vernon, B.C..

I think I might have some more pictures of it somewhere, I will have to look. We found a Woods-Detroit gravity dump box for it in '87/'88 I know I have a few pictures of it somewhere too.

Latest posts

Back