1928 Ford PU door glass question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gacannon

I am putting a 29 ford PU cab back together more for sentimental reasons than good sense.

Like many of the old pickups, this one saw many miles and many dirt roads.

I am doing major work to the doors. I have worked and owned many Ford A models and know them pretty well, but I have not put a 28/29 pickup cab back to gether before.

The top of the door does not remove. The trim around the doors is a slide on design and it captures the glass channel.

On other Model A's, the top of the door came off and you could slide the glass down the channels but on these doors, I am wondering how you replace the glass.

I guess you take the trim pieces off and kind of put the glass in the channels and kind of put it in at an angle.

Any tricks I should know here. It will be a week or so before I am ready to install the glass as I am reworking the locks, risers along with lower door skins.

If anyone has changed the door glass in a 28 or 29 Ford Model A pickup, let me know how you do it.

thanks

Bob in Ga.

Good question. I never thought of it. I have a 31 that needs a drivers side door glass. Guess I might run into the same problems. Hope someone on here knows.

Latest posts

Back