1929 Essex/Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed that you have to put a front bumper on. That sucks! Is it something you can take off after inspection or will the cops hastle you about it too?

I missed that you have to put a front bumper on. That sucks! Is it something you can take off after inspection or will the cops hastle you about it too?

That is still an unknown, will have to see how much attention I get from the cops once I'm driving it.

Hope that works for you!

For now:D

That ought'a work......looks good, easy on ...easy off....[cl[cl

Exactly;)

Looks good. May I make a suggestion though? Take your bumper off and spin it upside down. I think it'll go with the flow of your grill a bit better.

The two mounting point were not adjustable so the only way I could get enough height to the bumper was to build it with the arch up so you could still see the turn signals. It will get changed somewhat after the final inspection.

And a fine looking rusty old bumper it is [cl

Thanks soltz

I know you didn't want to put a bumper on it but that thing doesn't look half bad. Nice work again

Thanks Nick

I didn't notice the turn signals. Sneaky sneaky.

According to my Gooberment inspector, what happens after as car is certified is the owners problem, at least that's what he sais when I told him there are after market heim joint replacements for all bushings and tie rod ends on most 4 wheel drive trucks[S:rolleyes:

Good to know you, at least, have free reign after the car's been inspected. What a beautiful car it's turnin out to be which will surely turn some heads.[P

Thanks a bunch, all I have to do is jump that "certified" hurdle with my old fat frame so I can do that.Tomorrow I call the "Man" and ask for an answer, if I don't like it I'm going up the chain.:D

Still waiting on "The Man"to give me an answer!! At least he told me why they don't like Heim joints for the application they are in. Their feeling is they offer not shock load protection like a rubber bushing would.

I have finally got the remainder of there list complete, the brake failure light and the speedo.

The speedo should have been really simple but because the trans sits up so deep in the narrow tunnel I had to build a tunnel for the drive cable to route through. I know I could have used a 90 degree adapter, but didn't have one and didn't want to spend more money.

Good lookin fix actually! I didn't want to deal with any of that on my Willys so I put in a GPS speedo. They cost a little more but it sure is nice to not have to deal with a cable and trying to sort out the right gears to get it to read right.

Nothing wrong with that fix. Adapt and over come.[cl

Thanks kenny

Good lookin fix actually! I didn't want to deal with any of that on my Willys so I put in a GPS speedo. They cost a little more but it sure is nice to not have to deal with a cable and trying to sort out the right gears to get it to read right.

Thanks willy, again[S they didn't want GPS had to be mechanical, I'm thinking it should be pretty close to right for gearing as I'm running the same size tire as the donor trans. But I will check it with a GPS

That's nuts that they didn't want GPS! No more likely to fail than a mechanical one as far as I can tell. I guess you lose it if you are in a tunnel but how often does that happen!? All these goofy rules that don't make sense. Oh well, you have your solution all set so no problem:D

That's nuts that they didn't want GPS! No more likely to fail than a mechanical one as far as I can tell. I guess you lose it if you are in a tunnel but how often does that happen!? All these goofy rules that don't make sense. Oh well, you have your solution all set so no problem:D

I think that's why I refer to them as Gooberment men

We have an old building in our little ghost town that was a Livery in the early 1910's then a Black Smith shop, then a mechanic shop, closing down in the early 80's, makes for a good back drop for the Essex.

A couple color and a a couple Black and white.

Back