1929 Essex/Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little more progress, my licence plate came in the mail today.

I got the new Edelbrock 1406 and fuel line kit installed, now it runs like it's supposed to.

And I got one of the upper door panels built and upholstered.

Been tinkering on the Essex trying to get little things done. The second upper door panel is built and installed.
Finally got the Trans kick down cable figured out, I ended up using a a small brass collar with a set screw from my R/C airplane days to get it adjusted in the right spot.
Last time driving the car, at idle I was getting a ticking from the valves. I had read on hear or the hamb that the easiest way to adjust the valves with with #1 at TDC then follow a sequence of cyl, then #6 at TDC and the final sequence. Further reading on doing it this way says it has some pitfalls and doesn't always work out. I took the old set of tin valve covers I have and opened up the top for access to the rocker nuts and adjusted them the way I have for years. Found three rockers very loose and over half of the rest over tight. It's running much smoother now.
I was planning on going to Swift Current for the monthly Wednesday night cruise, but Highway dept decided it was time to seal coat the west bound Trans Canada highway, fresh tar and little stones don't mix well with open wheels.:mad:

Back