1930 Tudor in the works

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albertaguy

Hey all, thanks for any help in advance.
I'm building a 1930 Tudor w/ a 3" chop. Original 'A' frame boxed with 4" drop axle wearing Bendix brakes out of a '48 Merc F 47 pickup truck ( oh yeah that's a Canadian thing I believe; Merc pickups were not made in the US were they?).
The same pickup donated a steering box, steering column, E-brake and Dana 41 rearend. Yeah it's a 41 not a 44; standard gear ratio of 4.27 / 1.
4 bbl 413 dodge with 727 torqueflite out of a motor home; that means it's a torque'r not a high horse unit but the deal was right and it's got an drum type E-brake on the tailsection. Bonus; no fighting with rear axle e-brake cables and ****.
Fighting with front axle issues now; lower steering arms had to be chopped off. Probably fab up something handmade when the new front spring and perches arrive. Posies built the spring; which I tried to get around as I kinda defeats the whole Rat rod recycling thing, but what can you do right?
I'll get some pic's up on here in a day or three.
Take'r Easy
ABguy

Hello, welcome to RRR....[cl start a build page and post ur pictures as u go with ur build, but show us what u got going on with it now. u will find lots of help around here. Take off reading other build pages and that will answer a lot of ur questions. I'm fighting steering arm problems now [S but I will win.

Latest posts

Back