1931 Ford Tudor. Not another SBC build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STUBBS

So this is a year in the making figured is share the build w ya guys. So got the body here locally came out of a field in Texas. Guy got it w big plans but was over his head. So started w this body. And built some 2x4 3/16 rails w 4 inch z up front and under slung rear end.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 77
Used a 8.75 Mopar rear end I had from my other pickup and put it in here with a parallel 4link and coil overs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 73
Front end was a superbell drop axle I picked up off some guy with spindles super cheap. Wishbones are speedway drilled to match. Only reason I went new here is due to the motor I have made plans on having. She needed to be a brick schit house

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 77
So decided to go completely away from the trends and easy way out. So went cross steer setup with a Mopar 440 for her. Not many do suicide front w cross steer or Mopar driveline. So here ya go. This was mock up and she is a wide beast.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 111
Channeling the body was time consuming but worth it. All 1x1 tubing inside and braced in many different areas. Found a set of body mounts for a camero and used them for the body mounts etc. worked great. Got a 14 gallon spun yank cheap so used that here also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 66
So my dream was huge f in motor. So took the 440 apart and did it up pushing over 500 hp now. Had trans converted to manual valve body w 3k stall also. Did a tunnel ram w 2 Holleys up top also.

Then had a friend of mine make up some bang up one off headers at his shop.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 107
I'll post more detail pics soon when I can do more than one at a time. Here is how I finished the under side welding etc before tearing it down to finish off the frame.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 90
Steering column and genie shifter. Went w a wilwood master and pedal assembly mounted under the cowl to keep it clean

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 78
The 440 was too high to start out with when I first mocked it up and oil filter was a huge problem for location so did a remote kit on it to the side rail but this shows how tight it is to steering box and motor before being dropped etc.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 55

Latest posts

Back