1931 Ford Tudor. Not another SBC build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right at 30 inches tall and a 2.7 something gear. It's made for highway stomping. Made these top radiator supports tonight from some bar stock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 81
Ok little progress I made over the weekend. Got the header and visor all fitted up now. Spider caps on wheels. Had to re stud the back left axle since Mopar thought left hand nuts were am answer. Haha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 58
Had to re stud the back left axle since Mopar thought left hand nuts were am answer. Haha.

Haha i should do that at some point too. Having the left hand studs on one wheel is pretty darn annoying, especially when you're trying to take off the tire and forget that its LH thread.

-Chris

Well going to put some hours in this weekend chopping the top. Should look like this when done.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 47
Love the build.Those big block mopars are awesome.I had 383 in 1970 charger when I was teenager.It was not the fastest car from stop because of rear end gears,But it kept right on pulling hard past 100 mph.I never had enough nerve to see how fast it would go.
Probably would not be here now if I tried it.:D
Great engines![dr

Thanks guys. Ok so here is the electrical i did last weekend. Everything is compact and under cowl.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 49
Looks good. How do you like the Wilwood dual master cylinder brake setup? I was thinking about using that in my truck build. Also could you tell me how wide the setup is measured at the master cylinders?

Thanks,

-Chris

Recent update pic.

And love the master cyl. It's maybe 4 inches wide and works flawless.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 41
So decided to go completely away from the trends and easy way out. So went cross steer setup with a Mopar 440 for her. Not many do suicide front w cross steer or Mopar driveline. So here ya go. This was mock up and she is a wide beast.
I love it so far , just goes to show you can have your springs mounted to the axle in the stock fashion ( not hung on the bat wings or worse yet the old bones ) and still look super cool . great job . PS I have cross steer on mine and never had any problems .PPS I started with the same shocks that you are using , switched to Billsteins , best move I ever made . Truck rides better than my 47 AD which is bagged .

Latest posts

Back