1933 chevy tudor sedan aka Project Copper Tone!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a bit of free time at work last night so I whipped up a new pitman arm out of some 1/2" scrap we had lying around. Happy to say, I have no more clearance issues. Got it bolted on and drained the oil today. First bit that came out was water. I'm really hoping that it's not a head or head gasket but from last year when I was in the leaky shop. Here's crossing my fingers.

Congratulations, Endicott, on the start-up milestone.
Could you take the valve covers off, turn them up-side-down and hammer the bolt holes back down a bit and try them on again?
Keep on tinkering.

Congratulations, Endicott, on the start-up milestone.
Could you take the valve covers off, turn them up-side-down and hammer the bolt holes back down a bit and try them on again?
Keep on tinkering.

I would do that, then use a silicon of your choice like Permatex Form a Gasket on the valve cover side of the gasket.

So, haven't posted anything lately cause I haven't really done anything. Ran into some issues with my steering. Would turn easily one way but not the other. Along with that I couldn't got all the way to the stop when turning left without hitting the tire. So I built a longer arm out of some 1/2" scrap stock from work. Still didn't help so I looked closer at the box and steering column. Turns out when I cut down the sleeve I cut it a bit long and it was running to hard on the steering wheel. Also got my new valve covers and breathers in so I changed em up a bit and put em on this morning.

Before painting the logo:

After using some copper colored nail polish:

And installed on the engine:

Passenger side:

I thought they turned out good. Too bad they're either not glossy or the air cleaner isn't satin. Oh well, I like it.

Looks very good to me....

Nice work....you'll get the other stuff sorted out....step back, take a breath and then jump back in.....:D

Thank y'all for the words of encouragement and wisdom along the way. Never been a fan of chrome(chrome wont get ya home) so the black/copper paint worked out perfect for me. Just a few tweaks here and there and she'll be ready for shows this summer. First show is in 2 weeks so I'll see how it goes.

Looks super [cl[cl

I agree the air cleaner and covers need to be the same, my vote is satin all round [S

Enjoy your driving and knock them d:D:Dead at the shows.

Took her out for a drive yesterday and found that after hitting a bump the drivers side wheel wants to go all over the place so it looks like Im doing kingpins and bushings. Luckily I scored a bunch of pins of unknown year/make but a partial and a full set fit. All I need is to see if I can find the right hand reamer at work so I can get it all put back together.

Well, found the right reamer and now she's as tight as the day she rolled off the line. While I was at it, I didn't like the stance so I took a piece of 4x4x1/4" wall square tubing and put it between the perch and the spring. Sits perfect now. Whether or not I'll keep it like that, I dunno. Anyhow, here's a few pics if the new setup.

First real test drive when I found out my king pin was shot.

And after replacing the kingpin, bushings, and height adjustment.

Latest posts

Back