1933 dodge 4dr to 2dr update

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good! I like the contrast between the ratty and weathered body and the nice wheels! :)

How low are the rear 4 link brackets off the ground?

ground clearance

bottom of the rear 4-bar bracket is about 3'' when l have it on the level concrete floor in the garage. the front cross-member is 2'' on thec oncrete and the transmission cross member is 2 1/2'' of the concrete.

untill I actually drive her, I won't know if I will need to adjust the ride hieght or just leave her where she sits:confused:

nice having the adjustable coil-over shocks on all 4 corners.

Later:cool:

Attachments

• hot wheels 050.jpg
    hot wheels 050.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 64
  • hot wheels 048.jpg
    hot wheels 048.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 69
  • hot wheels 042.jpg
    hot wheels 042.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
fun night

took the car to the cruz,in tonight. did not take off of the trailer. got a lot of positive input. almost every-one liked it :confused:

had a lot of people looking and 3 offers to buy it :nono: on selling her(YET)

tomorrow is albetson's car show and it'll come off the trailer and if kids want to sit in her, l'll let them :D

Later :cool:

fun day

weelllllll, now the fun is over and time to get back to seriously kicking it up a notch and get runnin' for summer.:eek:

monday will blow apart to start bodywork, wiring, etc.

looks like a real car sittin' in the lot :D

Attachments

• albertons car show 007.jpg
    albertons car show 007.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 114
  • albertons car show 006.jpg
    albertons car show 006.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 108
  • albertons car show 009.jpg
    albertons car show 009.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 133
this made MY day :thumbup:

i let lots of kids set in the car yesterdayi let lots of kids set in the car yesterday, this made MY day :thumbup:

at the show yesterday my help's girlfriend came over. she works with mentally handicapped adults and she brought one of her clients she takes care of. she said "andy loves cars and on his weekend outing we came to see'em". l let him sit in the car and he thought he was in heaven :D
he liked that a lot and it made me feel good. he could not touch any of the other so letting him sit in mine was special to him.

i let lots of kids set in the car yesterdayi let lots of kids set in the car yesterday, this made MY day :thumbup:

at the show yesterday my help's girlfriend came over. she works with mentally handicapped adults and she brought one of her clients she takes care of. she said "andy loves cars and on his weekend outing we came to see'em". l let him sit in the car and he thought he was in heaven :D
he liked that a lot and it made me feel good. he could not touch any of the other so letting him sit in mine was special to him.

I'm glad to see others do this. The club does the same thing and I get a kick out of watching the yuppies at shows squirm as the kids pile in our cars. The pics below are from when we stopped by one of our schools here in Newport, Ky and let the kids check out the cars and get in them if they wanted too. Kudos to you my friend. This keeps the spirit of hot rodding alive and will help the youngers generation know there is more than just play stations.
Your car is looking good and has came a long way. I need to pick up the pace on my 33.
027-9.jpg

016-10.jpg

We got 18 kids in that 51. They where in the floor, seats and up in the back window. The two teachers stool next to the doors. We tried to get them to squeeze in but they wouldn't go for it. They took a slew of pics. This was nothing formal we just showed up at teh school and let the kids check out the car one day. I wondered what some of the parents thought when they seen the pics of their kids clammed in a rusty, crusty Chevy. lol:D

wiring

wiring today, l hate wiring:confused:

started running the wires to the rear lights, headlights, etc,etc.

it's a painless 14 circuit fuse box kit. some of the wires are a mile to long and some are almost to short.

fun, fun stuff.

later:cool:

That is great man, loved reading this :D

update

slow progress on the car, kinda put it on the back burner to try and get the 66 chevelle going this summer.

worked on the floor/carpet pads today. made them outta an after market door sill kit, a piece of 1/16th'' stainless steel and a old aluminum road sign. l used a mopar floor mat for the middle, kinda rough looking, BUT, for the theme of the car they'll work great. just gonna go the the carpet barn and get some grey or black seconds for the floor, this plate will help proctect it from wearing holes thru the carpet in the footwells:D

Attachments

• car show bb 054.jpg
    car show bb 054.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 115
  • car show bb 055.jpg
    car show bb 055.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 100
  • car show bb 056.jpg
    car show bb 056.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 101
  • car show bb 058.jpg
    car show bb 058.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 98
  • car show bb 059.jpg
    car show bb 059.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
progress

well its been a while since l worked on the sedan, been woking on jimmy's truck a lot lately.

went out and started the disassimble phase of the dodge sedan.

funny how ya put a car together and then take apart and then put back together at least once or twice.[dr

getting ready to finish putting in the gas tank, head and tail lights, some body work, carpet etc-- hope to put in the motor and trans soon and get running.

post pics later.

update.....

the sedan is a 1930 Dodge, l "found" the title[ddd

we plan on gettin' back to it as soon as Jimmy's truck is at least running...

l may be being greedy, but l want both running before end of summer, or what little summer were gonna get:D

I may have "find" my title for a car I`m looking at, might be my only option.

I like your build, especially the fact that you are making it weather friendly. I would need at least heat and glass(I had a monte with no heat). I`m not done driving my car until the snow flies [cl

Now, go finish her up [P
-Johnson

done a little more

got the gas tank in place, now just need to strap it in/down & run fuel lines.

l have plexiglass for the side windows and back window, a freind of mine knows a guy with a glass shop said he'd put safety glass windshield in for a good price.

got an older heater out of a 30's something car, core is in good shape, gonna put that in with a old vacuum cleaner hose ran under the dash up to the windshield for "redneck" defroster:D

been bouncin, between this and JR's truck, when l get to the point l am stalled on one, we work on the other.

progress is slow but, at least there both moving foreward[dr

still shootin' to get both running by summer[P

update

Gregster, ''Your car deserves finishing , it needs you , it wants you , it is feeling neglected.''

Gregster, your'e right, it's time to get back on the dodge. went out and started doing a list of what l have to do and doing a recon of the parts l have for it.

next week l am gonna start getting the motor in and start the wiring.

if we push it, we may get it running by fall[S[dr

being a pack-rat has some advantages, 25 years worth of stuff and l can actually use a lot of the ''stash'' on this build:eek:

Attachments

• albertons car show 009.jpg
    albertons car show 009.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 108
  • albertons car show 007.jpg
    albertons car show 007.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts

Back