1934 Cadillac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! Green grass, haven’t seen any of that since spring. :D

Car is looking awesome! Can’t wait to see it finished. [P[P

Yeah, we're nuts here, watering and fertilizing it so we can keep cutting it [S.

Nice work zz. It's a wonder that bodymen stay sane. Well, somewhat sane.

Now don't go calling me names :D - I'm no bodyman, I just don't know any better than to keep on doing it myself.
Actually, I shudder to think what it would cost to pay a bodyshop to do this much work...:eek:
If all goes well, I may get the next shot of primer surfacer on tomorrow.

you don't need those headlight buckets, right? :cool: You want to sell them to me, right? Right????!!! :) Or, I will trade ya for some BLC 682-J's ;)

Dream on monkey boy ! :D Nothing else would look right, must not be too many of these out there, though a lot of mid to late 30's GM lights are similar.

Attachments

• nov 08 11 34 cadillac 007.jpg
    nov 08 11 34 cadillac 007.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 73
Yeah, we're nuts here, watering and fertilizing it so we can keep cutting it [S

We've had NO rain for most of the summer, nothing but brown grass and dirt here in the Midwest.
Issac started to hit us last night, so now we have MUD!

The Caddy looks awesome, anxious to see it finished.

I prefer to put a gallon or so of gas in my sprayer, dilute it down, and spray the yard, just to kind of keep it in check. I don't like to mow more than once or twice a year......

Got all the smaller parts painted yesterday, moved them to the shed and got the fenders sprayed today. Amazingly, no big runs, thats a first !! Plenty of orange peel, but I slapped on enough paint that I can sand and buff it out. Problem is that I just want to whack the fenders on and go - but I know it's easier to buff them out before they go on...
Man the garage floor is really black now :eek:, that should keep it lookin' fresh 'till the next project :rolleyes:.

Attachments

• aug 31 2012 34 cadillac 002.jpg
    aug 31 2012 34 cadillac 002.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 84
  • aug 31 2012 34 cadillac 003.jpg
    aug 31 2012 34 cadillac 003.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 81
  • aug 31 2012 34 cadillac 001.jpg
    aug 31 2012 34 cadillac 001.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Man the garage floor is really black now :eek:, that should keep it lookin' fresh 'till the next project :rolleyes:.

Is the floor starting to get "lumpy"? That is usually when it is time to scrap it back to cement and start over![cl

Car is coming out awesome! It is so 30's gangster. long, low and black :cool:

Is the floor starting to get "lumpy"? That is usually when it is time to scrap it back to cement and start over![cl

Car is coming out awesome! It is so 30's gangster. long, low and black :cool:

Heh, heh, yeah it's getting a little rough in some spots, especially where I kneeled down and fuzz stuck to the floor from the spray suit....

The last parts are painted, my apologies to those who don't like shiny stuff :eek:.
Actually, they look better in the pics, in reality they need to get wet sanded and buffed out to get rid of all the nasty orange peel.

Attachments

• sep 1 2012 34 cadillac 001.jpg
    sep 1 2012 34 cadillac 001.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 68
  • sep 1 2012 34 cadillac 003.jpg
    sep 1 2012 34 cadillac 003.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 69
  • sep 1 2012 34 cadillac 005.jpg
    sep 1 2012 34 cadillac 005.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 72
Hmmmm[S
Floor is black, fenders is black stands is gray. Thats a photoshop!

Just doing a little ball busting, looks awesome.[cl Wish I had orange peel to worry about.

Dream on monkey boy ! :D Nothing else would look right, must not be too many of these out there, though a lot of mid to late 30's GM lights are similar.

::ahem:: that's monkey *girl* LOL. Couldn't hurt to ask. We are looking for buckets for our '36 Diamond T pickup - and those look SO much like them! Wish I could find some repro's somewhere..........

Karin

Hmmmm[S
Floor is black, fenders is black stands is gray. Thats a photoshop!

Just doing a little ball busting, looks awesome.[cl Wish I had orange peel to worry about.

That's 'cause I had the fenders hanging on wires when I painted them...

::ahem:: that's monkey *girl* LOL. Couldn't hurt to ask. We are looking for buckets for our '36 Diamond T pickup - and those look SO much like them! Wish I could find some repro's somewhere..........

Karin

Whoops, sorry ..... Guess I'm a typical guy thinking it's all guys looking at this stuff. Keep an eye on ebay, old headlights of this style come up pretty often - I found my missing tail light on ebay.

Got the grille all assembled today, also thew in a couple pics of the twisted mess it started out as . :eek:

Attachments

• sep 3 2012 34 cadillac 002.jpg
    sep 3 2012 34 cadillac 002.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 82
  • sep 3 2012 34 cadillac 003.jpg
    sep 3 2012 34 cadillac 003.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 81
  • sep 3 2012 34 cadillac 005.jpg
    sep 3 2012 34 cadillac 005.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 78
  • dec 05 10 34 cadillac 005.jpg
    dec 05 10 34 cadillac 005.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 77
  • dec 05 10 34 cadillac 017.jpg
    dec 05 10 34 cadillac 017.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 77
What you have done with what you started with is nothing but amazeing and the time you did it in, well, words can't do justice[cl[cl[cl[cl[cl[cl[cl[dr

it is amazing you were able to piece it back together... more proof of your amazing skills and vision

I see you skipped bobs question.. I truly hope you keep it... or if u do decide to part with it.. you sell it to me CHEEP! haha

Latest posts

Back