1934 Cadillac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any man would be proud to have either of those, or both of them sitting in their garage..... [cl [dr

And I must say, I swear by Lucas additives. I put the oil stabilizer in every engine I own, use their fuel treatment, power steering and trans treatment. All Of them. For the most part, I have never had a serious problem/engine failure. And none of them leak a drop of oil or smoke. Although my 16 year old daily driver truck with 175,xxx miles may be on the way out, but no one is sure what is wrong with it..... [S

Finally managed to upload a couple pics I took on my new stupid phone that I took at the guys place where I found the Caddy. Didn't quite get it into the exact same spot, it's about 10 ft. from it.

Was the old owner able to see it? I bet he was floored when you came pulling up!
Soys like that really put into perspective the hard work and thought that you've put into that car!
Probably the only "shiner" that everyone will allow to be on RRR :D
[cl

WOW![cl[cl[cl That turned out GREAT!!!! Only thing I would have done differently was put in AC, but I guess up there it's cool enough you don't need it. Down here, a black car without AC is an oven on wheels!:eek:

Great pic with the truck, too. I would be proud to have either or both in my driveway![cl

WOW![cl[cl[cl That turned out GREAT!!!! Only thing I would have done differently was put in AC, but I guess up there it's cool enough you don't need it. Down here, a black car without AC is an oven on wheels!:eek:

Great pic with the truck, too. I would be proud to have either or both in my driveway![cl

I thought there was mention at some point in the thread of A/C ?

Was the old owner able to see it? I bet he was floored when you came pulling up!

Yes, I took it over to show him, he loved it and was basically blown away by the transformation.

I thought there was mention at some point in the thread of A/C ?

I've never put A/C in a car yet - both my daily drivers have A/C but I prefer to roll down a window... Oh yeah, it gets really hot here in the summer but I try to resist the urge to drive around windows up like one of the cloned masses..
Small windows and good insulation makes a big difference even in a black car. At one point I considered A/C for this build but the size of the under dash units, all the plumbing and the need to mount the compressor up top turned me off, also it would have been really tough to fit the condenser in front of the rad, just no room there.

Yes, I took it over to show him, he loved it and was basically blown away by the transformation.

I've never put A/C in a car yet - both my daily drivers have A/C but I prefer to roll down a window... Oh yeah, it gets really hot here in the summer but I try to resist the urge to drive around windows up like one of the cloned masses..
Small windows and good insulation makes a big difference even in a black car. At one point I considered A/C for this build but the size of the under dash units, all the plumbing and the need to mount the compressor up top turned me off, also it would have been really tough to fit the condenser in front of the rad, just no room there.

A man of your skills would have no issues making it work, that is for certain!
You deserve some comfort!

Beautiful Vehicles![dr
Shame you have to put them up for winter because of snow.I could not handle snow.
Sometimes there will be a week or so at the time way below freezing,but usually we do not get snow.
Seems like every winter here is South Carolina is colder than the last.:(
Oh well,I just look foward to spring.
Sorry your engine gave trouble.Should be fine with new cam,etc.
Caddy 500 is a great engine.
I had to start running break in lube in my daily driver pickup because of lack of zinc in oil.

I hear ya on that, the wife gets irritated because I hardly ever use the A/C

I see you're talking of a new project, did you sell this one? I'm always interested to see the kinds of things you create when you bring them to the Radium show!

Yeah, I sold the Caddy in October, though it doesn't get me down since it paves the way financially for the next one . Depending on what car I find for the next build, it may take a massive effort to make it to Radium on time - easy builds seem to have way of getting complicated and dragged out....:eek:
If it's not done though, I can still cruise the Hennway there . :)

Wow, I didn't know you sold it.... That was a spectacular car, I think I would have had a hard time selling it, but I also know I let many go after the build...

I didn't know you sold it either ( I think you didnt want us to know.. lol)... she was a beauty.. hope you got yourself a massive check for her..

I didn't know you sold it either ( I think you didnt want us to know.. lol)... she was a beauty.. hope you got yourself a massive check for her..

Yeah, they come and they go... the guy that bought is is 80 yrs. old - I guess you're never too old to play with cars !!
Selling the cars I build gives me the chance to try new things and buy parts, etc that I would never be able to afford if I kept 'em....
I don't make diddly on the labour put into any builds (probably over 3000 hrs on this one) but always cover material costs plus 25- 30%, so it's still better than the banks give you and not many hobbies pay for themselves.:)

Attachments

• DSC00680.jpg
    DSC00680.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 130
Yeah, they come and they go... the guy that bought is is 80 yrs. old - I guess you're never too old to play with cars !!
Selling the cars I build gives me the chance to try new things and buy parts, etc that I would never be able to afford if I kept 'em....
I don't make diddly on the labour put into any builds (probably over 3000 hrs on this one) but always cover material costs plus 25- 30%, so it's still better than the banks give you and not many hobbies pay for themselves.:)

Any ideas as to how to get into his will? :D
Love that car...

[cl This was great build and showed everyone that you really can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. You did a wonderful job and enjoyed every moment of it and it shows your talent, but time to move on it really is all about the build but I do hope you had a bit of fun drive'n it awhile. Now about the next? I and most everyone on here are waiting to see what happens next.
Thank you for shareing.

Latest posts

Back