1934 Cadillac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beautiful work on the door tops!

Thanks CORPO ! It was a lot more work than I expected, before I welded all the bracing in the door top, I had to re-do the chop :mad:, discovered it was about 1/8" too low, the top body line didn't line up and the gap was too big against the roof. So much welding and tweaking going on since I chopped them, things moved around a bit I guess [S (or just got sloppy...). Ran out of patience to chop the garnish mouldings yet, with all the door and quarter panel mods, they will need cutting into a zillion pieces...

Very nice work as usual [cl When it comes to door handles it really doesn't get any better than the '34 Ford's does it [dr

For sure, I don't mind using Ford handles, the original Caddy ones were thrashed and generic reproductions are over a hundred each...
Took a spray bomb to the door welds to spiff it up a little.

Attachments

• aug 5 11 34 cadillac 001.jpg
    aug 5 11 34 cadillac 001.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 143
  • aug 5 11 34 cadillac 005.jpg
    aug 5 11 34 cadillac 005.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 127
  • aug 5 11 34 cadillac 006.jpg
    aug 5 11 34 cadillac 006.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 127
Finally got the doors finished and latched, seemed to take forever! Today got the front window garnish moulding chopped and stripped the dash out, tacked the upper dash trim to he main dash piece and tacked in brackets to mount the dash. All of this stuff was mounted to wood before so there's lots of pieces to add in behind to mount it all . Here's a before pic too - good thing for lots of before pics so I can go back and see how things went together - the ol' memory is faulty sometimes....[S

Attachments

• sep 01 10  34 cadillac 014z.jpg
    sep 01 10 34 cadillac 014z.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 118
  • aug 12 11 34 cadilac 002.jpg
    aug 12 11 34 cadilac 002.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 116
  • aug 12 11 34 cadilac 003z.jpg
    aug 12 11 34 cadilac 003z.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 108
  • aug 12 11 34 cadilac 005.jpg
    aug 12 11 34 cadilac 005.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 119
Finally got the doors finished and latched, seemed to take forever! Today got the front window garnish moulding chopped and stripped the dash out, tacked the upper dash trim to he main dash piece and tacked in brackets to mount the dash. All of this stuff was mounted to wood before so there's lots of pieces to add in behind to mount it all . Here's a before pic too - good thing for lots of before pics so I can go back and see how things went together - the ol' memory is faulty sometimes....[S

Man that thing is a work of art bro!!! [dr [dr [dr [cl [cl

looking great zz.

i was wondering if you had the emergency brake level from that? if its kinda long like mine in the olds was.i dont know if you have it or was going to use it.

looking great zz.

i was wondering if you had the emergency brake level from that? if its kinda long like mine in the olds was.i dont know if you have it or was going to use it.

Sorry 'Chopper, I'm re-using it, it's such a neat piece, still has the nickel plating on it. The original cast aluminum gas pedal is going back in too...

Got the seats mounted today, made simple little legs, welded 1/4" plate bungs into the floor to bolt them to. Now I can get the placement of the steering column, fittingly from a 76 Caddy :), tilt and telescope type. Bummer about these columns is the $110.00 adapter (the black thing on top of the tire) needed for the grant wheel. The stainless banjo is the cheapest one available, I'll put a leather wrap on it when the interior gets done.

Attachments

• aug 14 11 34 cadillac 003.jpg
    aug 14 11 34 cadillac 003.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 143
  • aug 14 11 34 cadillac 004.jpg
    aug 14 11 34 cadillac 004.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 143
  • aug 14 11 34 cadillac 007.jpg
    aug 14 11 34 cadillac 007.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 140
  • aug 14 11 34 cadillac 006.jpg
    aug 14 11 34 cadillac 006.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 152
Like they say, anyone can restore a classic but it takes a real man to cut one up.
Recycle old steel, put it back on the road.

What made you decide to use the Grant wheel instead of the original?

The original is really kool looking but way too big, half of the spokes are broken plus it would be a bear to adapt to the 'new' column :( it's destined to be wall art.

What are those seats from? I love them, they look really good in there.

Got 'em from pick and pull for $20.00 on 50% off weekend. I hate to say what they are out of but it rhymes with 'Ronda Afford' :D . Seriously tho' I find that the import car seats are better made, have better side bolsters and generally a bit narrower than US compact cars so they fit better in old cars.. Ones from sportier cars or Euro stuff are usually too pricey or wierd. Once the plastic parts are painted and they get reupholstered no one will know the difference....
I used seats from Nissan Sentras from the 80's a few times but they are scarce here now.

Latest posts

Back