1934 Cadillac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First shot of primer/surfacer on - used up my last bit of the good stuff - PPG K36, no longer available. The stuff was an awesome product but is now considered "evil" by the greenies.......
Couple more rounds of filling scratches and divots, block sanding and priming to get it good as possible (or 'till I go nuts) before paint goes on.
It took longer than I expected to get this far, test fitting the doors showed some flaws that needed working out.

Attachments

• june 26 2012 34 cadillac 002.jpg
    june 26 2012 34 cadillac 002.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 74
  • june 26 2012 34 cadillac 003.jpg
    june 26 2012 34 cadillac 003.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 72
  • june 26 2012 34 cadillac 004.jpg
    june 26 2012 34 cadillac 004.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 66
  • june 26 2012 34 cadillac 005.jpg
    june 26 2012 34 cadillac 005.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 69
It really looking good.

When I get to this point I'm wishing for elves to show up in the dark of night and fix the nagging little problems and sand for hours. I dream about waking up in the morning ready to paint - never happens.

Do you have painting supply sticker shock yet?

It really looking good.

When I get to this point I'm wishing for elves to show up in the dark of night and fix the nagging little problems and sand for hours. I dream about waking up in the morning ready to paint - never happens.

Do you have painting supply sticker shock yet?

Yeah, I could use some of those magic elves about now :rolleyes:. After filling flaws today and a preliminary rough sanding with 180 grit, it looks reasonably straight. Should get another layer of primer surfacer sprayed on Friday, going to progressively finer grits.
Oh yeah, paint supplies are not cheap!!:eek: I can't imagine paying someone on top of that to do the work, it would be a total budget buster for me. At least if it doesn't come out perfect I know why and who to blame. :eek: I've paid thousands before for paint jobs that I could do better in my driveway..:mad:

love this build can't wait to see your face when u drive it and why black in color a lot of work to keep clean i think a nice blue or red would look awsome just my to cents body man to body man

Try going thru summit racing for paint and bosy suppies they are the name brand but cheaper than goin to the auto body store - I have about $400 total in my paint and body and I got it all from summit

everyone post what color this ride would look good in if you know the paint codes put them on here for him to see thanks

Thats strange............

Never saw a wing on the hood before???[S Is this some sort of hillbilly speed thing...LOL.....sorry man couldn't resist....don't hate me:D color is cool.....I think it looks great.... BED...."black, color code black"...I love that guy!![cl

Never saw a wing on the hood before???[S Is this some sort of hillbilly speed thing...LOL.....sorry man couldn't resist....don't hate me:D color is cool.....I think it looks great.... BED...."black, color code black"...I love that guy!![cl

No, I'm so cool, it's a new spoiler. The kids just haven't caught on yet :D

I think black top and the grey from the belt line down. Black on top so it doesn't scratch as easy.

P.s. the REAL thing on the hood is the rear fender for my bike I built. I liked the color so much, I painted my tins the same color :)

BLACK. Color code - BLACK.

Right on ! It just seems right to me, tough to keep clean or not... besides, I've already bought the paint. 'Nother reason is the interior color choice which will be a chocolate brown.

The tan frame was just a spur of the moment decision, I was expecting it to be darker - you will have to get down on yer knees to see it...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, DirtyRat - I really like that flat dark blue, maybe the next one...

JMColorado - sorry, I really don't like gray and the two tone thing can be very polarizing when it comes to peoples opinion - love it or hate it..

Right on ! It just seems right to me, tough to keep clean or not... besides, I've already bought the paint. 'Nother reason is the interior color choice which will be a chocolate brown.

The tan frame was just a spur of the moment decision, I was expecting it to be darker - you will have to get down on yer knees to see it...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, DirtyRat - I really like that flat dark blue, maybe the next one...

JMColorado - sorry, I really don't like gray and the two tone thing can be very polarizing when it comes to peoples opinion - love it or hate it..

No need for appologise. It's not my car, though I sure wish it were :D
Solid black is my other vote anyways :D

besides, I've already bought the paint.

Yeah, right. I've been watching you ZZ. You just poured all your leftover paint into one can and the color is whatever the combination makes.

Let's see...I've got some black....a little black....some code black....and looky here....some blue-black!

Blue-Black: The kinda Black that's SO BLACK, it's blue.

Latest posts

Back