1934 Plymouth five window

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ours is next weekend (May 10) here in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Hoping to score a front axle and some other bits for the next project ... and maybe a few pieces for the "Sheets and Giggles" altered.

Good luck finding some treasures at your swap meet.

I have returned triumphantly from the big swapmeet. One of the many good things about having lots of projects ahead of you is that you can buy a lot of parts. I had a good healthy list and I got to check a lot of things off that list. Whoow. There will be pictures soon.
That was great meeting you Chevrod,

Here are some pictures of my purchases. In one of the cardboard boxes is a brand new oil pan for a big block Dodge and you'll see an intake and carb on the left also for a BBD. I have 1 1/2 383 magnums and need to buy all the accessories to make two functioning motors. There's also a clutch plate, chrome exhaust tips, and a remote control mirror for the '68 Super Bee.
You'll see a bubble skirt there, well, the mate to it is in the big box and they already have been tried on the '46 Dodge coupe, with much success, as was a centre brake light and both door handles. Anyhow, there was a whole lot of stuff to bring home and what I tried to fit on future projects, fit nicely.
I'm feeling a little guilty about having so much good luck. :D:D

Attachments

• IMG_1474.jpg
    IMG_1474.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1475.jpg
    IMG_1475.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 32
Thanks guys. I didn't take very good pictures as you can't really tell the light grey thing in the background is a bubble skirt and that was the highlight of my buying, [it was also the most expensive, but they are new and look well built].

After a longish recess, I started working on my Plymouth again today. I had snagged a non-Ford banjo steering wheel, this summer in Montana so I tried to fit it into the car and get a length of column measurement. It ends up that I will use a store bought column. The steering wheel won't come off the old column yet and I don't know if it will fit on the new column, but there's progress, but no pictures.

I got the steering wheel off of the old shaft, but it will not fit on the new shaft. Plan A was a little too optimistic, so I'll go with plan B. I still have to make something up for plan B.

I re-splined my chrome steering column. This involve boring out the old steering column pipe 'ID' until it would slip over the threaded part of the new column, and then cutting the old column threads off and then cutting the spline off too. Then I ground the new Flaming River splines off and drove the old splined pipe over the threads and onto the ground off part where the new splines had been. Then I welded it on and tried the steering wheel on. There was no provision for the turn signal cancel, on the old steering wheel so I'm working on that now.

I'll try to get you some pictures. Some are fuzzy; [my fault] and some are lost in my computer, [maybe Bill Gates fault, dang new updates, anyhow]

Attachments

• IMG_1765.jpg
    IMG_1765.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1768.jpg
    IMG_1768.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1769.jpg
    IMG_1769.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 27
Ya Torchie, I'm not a close up sorta guy. Maybe you aren't either. Probably if I knew a little more about my camera, I could set the lens better.
There should be a macro setting on the camera for close in work. Play around with the settings buttons. Or, heaven forbid, read the owner's manual. :eek: Sorry, couldn't help myself. Being a writer of such manuals, it is so cool when I hear that someone actually read one. [cl I only read them as a last resort, myself. :D

Latest posts

Back