1934 Plymouth five window

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it turns out that I didn't use the paper towel to strengthen the mount or to hide anything silly, this time. :p I used it to help the camera pick up the black pedal mechanism from the black background. :D

Thank you guys.
Bam, I started out just throwing money at this project, and now I've gained some wisdom. There are some corners to be cut.
Besides, you guys will get a little bored with me if I put three deuces on every car I build. Here's a picture of the three, three deuce manifolds I plan to use. The skinny intake manifold is for a flathead and it is already installed in the '36. The other two are for a Y-block Ford and a Poly Mopar [red intake].

Attachments

• IMG_1763.jpg
    IMG_1763.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2052.jpg
    IMG_2052.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 22
Tripper, Bam and Dozer, you may not guess this but I love multi carb setups even more that you do.
I have been mounting my gearshift on an A833 New Process four speed. It needs some adjustment, as it rubs my leg in 3rd and 4th. 1st, 2nd and reverse are more painful.

Attachments

• IMG_2136.jpg
    IMG_2136.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 19
My thoughts exactly, Dozer, but the rectangular base of the gearshift lever has a wrap of rubber around it between it and the rectangular receptacle it fits in. This is not an insurmountable problem, though.

No, Joe, one is primary and two are secondary. Mostly I'll drive on the centre carb that is stock, then when I'm showing off the front carb and the back one will open up and this flathead will be breathing fire. Up to 150 horsepower. The end two carbs have no power circuits or idle circuits.
And No, Joe I'm not parking on a hill every time so I can avoid pain. It's not that I like pain, It's that there may be a less hillbilly way of avoiding it. :p

Well the shifter is in there and the rods are done up. I've adjusted the rods until the neutrals are lined up.
The rest of the story is [whining], as it didn't go well. The shifter is from an 84 Chev truck, the transmission from a '65 B body Mopar, the body of the car is from 1934 and the floor is homemade, by a guy who wasn't an engineer. This whole operation was not that quick.

Attachments

• IMG_2143.jpg
    IMG_2143.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2144.jpg
    IMG_2144.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2145.jpg
    IMG_2145.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 19
Here is the progress report on the emergency brake. I have bolted it in there and cut a hole in the floor to mount the handle up through. The perimeter of the cut hole would take all of the paint off of the handle so I'm partly splitting a small air line and pressing it onto the hole rim.

Attachments

• IMG_2146.jpg
    IMG_2146.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2149.jpg
    IMG_2149.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back