1935 Ford truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

440Clark

Well it's been a couple years since I've had this truck. I've done a few things so I will try to bring you all up to where I'm at. When I first got it, it was rusted out all the way around the bottom 4 or 5 inches or so, so patching the bottom inner and outer door skins, cab corners front and rear, and the back of the cab as well as fabbing rockers came first.

Attachments

• 119.jpg
    119.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 62
The Rotissouri

was made from two old engine stands. Don't have too many pics of it, but I could take some if you want. I will take a better pic of the frame after I take the cab back off and paint it, but anyway it looks like this. It's 2x4 1/8" and I cut a section out of the front frame to try to duplicate the taper and curves of a stock frame. I think I made it a little too long, but we shall see. I am going to use a new Lucky 7 4" drop axle, spring, perches, shock mounts and king pin kit along with a used Speedway disc brake kit I found off of Craigslist. Rear suspension will be 8.8 Ford with as many stock parts as I can use.

Attachments

• 118.jpg
    118.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 134.jpg
    134.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 45
I am having a tough time posting pics. They are from my cell phone. Anyone got any ideas why?

I don't get it, that one worked.

Attachments

• 136.jpg
    136.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 60
I don't know some pics i can get to load & some I can't. Anyway, plan is, 302 w/ single 4 tunnel ram, basically stock motor w/C4 trans and 8.8. Motor and trans mounts are done. next project is mounting front suspension, all the parts previously mentioned plus Im using the stock radius arms I got with the spindle and brake package.

Looking good. I prefer the 35 or 36 grill over the 32. I think the way it leans back to match the windshield is more pleasing to my eye but that's just my 2 cents.

Kenny c, I agree 100%. Old Henry got it right the first time the 31 and olders looked good with the early grill, the 32,33,34's with the deuce style and so on. Here's a teaser 440 test fit.

Attachments

• 142.jpg
    142.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 40
So then I cut 4" out of the top.
attachment.php
I love the "Z" cut in the roof split. I'll bet that helped out a bunch in lining it back up.

It's so cool to see all the different ways people come up with for attaining the same end result.

-Chaz

Latest posts

Back