1936 chevy truck build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

36chevy1986

Hello,

Started my 36 chevy truck build, I'm making a suicide Z frame. This is the first time I'm building a frame from scratch. I have cut and modified frames many of times. My frame when I check square it's off a 1/16th of a inch. Guys are telling me I'm being to picky, I wanted to see what you guys think.
Thanks
Eric

Hello,

Started my 36 chevy truck build, I'm making a suicide Z frame. This is the first time I'm building a frame from scratch. I have cut and modified frames many of times. My frame when I check square it's off a 1/16th of a inch. Guys are telling me I'm being to picky, I wanted to see what you guys think.
Thanks
Eric

Well, that kind of depends on how long those areas are that are out of square?
Obviously it will show up pretty large 8ft away. Or do you mean corner to corner measurements are within 1/16"? If thats the case you are good to go. :)

When I measure corner to corner in a X its off 1/16

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 35
Yep too picky
The out of square will happen through out the frame build as you weld more clips and brackets on it'll move a little.

Yeah. I'm a welder and fabricator by trade. So when I was welding it I was jumping around and not trying to keep all the heat in one spot. And Its been pretty good. Plus I put angle all over it to try and help it from drawing. I just didn't want it to go down the road side ways, I would have been pretty upset.
I'm going to get my pic organized and start posting the build as I go. Keep in touch and let me know how I'm going or if I need to change some things.

Latest posts

Back