1936 Packard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We should change your name to metal magician! So I gotta ask...... How long have you been doing this? Building cars that is. The skills you have makes anyone on any of those stupid shows look like something coming from the south end of a north bound bull.

While you're building, might figure in some time for a trophy case! I don't give a rat's ass how you decide to finish this one off, you won't ever be able to rub the snazzy off of this Packard!

So I gotta ask...... How long have you been doing this? Building cars that is.

Uuuhhh, I think it started with building go karts with 2x4's and lawnmower parts, it's a progressive and terminal condition....

Attachments

• DSC00131.jpg
    DSC00131.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC00139.jpg
    DSC00139.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC00146.jpg
    DSC00146.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC00150.jpg
    DSC00150.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 105
Got the hood sorted out and welded to the frame.
Moving on to the exhaust - time to make the imaginary side pipes real :)
Sheetmetal off again for access, shown on the running board are the electric butterfly type cutout kits that will install in front of the header collectors, 3" SS pipe bends that will get chopped up and re-arranged to feed up to the front of the sidepipes. Once they are done, I can make the fan shroud, put the fenders back on and make the inner fenders.

Attachments

• DSC00181.jpg
    DSC00181.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC00182.jpg
    DSC00182.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC00183.jpg
    DSC00183.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC00184.jpg
    DSC00184.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 89
Got the drivers side lake pipe connected, decided to do the tough one first, lots of fun threading the 3" pipe past the steering, engine mount and power steering pump. Yellow arrow points to the electric cutout valve. From the collector back, it will neck down to 2 1/2" pipe, through the muffler and out below the tail lights. It's a crazy looking pipe, will be real interesting to see how it sounds - the rat motor is getting a Comp Cams Thumper cam for that extra hotrod effect so I'm hoping it will be musically delicious....:cool:

Attachments

• DSC00186.jpg
    DSC00186.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC00187 z.jpg
    DSC00187 z.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC00188.jpg
    DSC00188.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC00189.jpg
    DSC00189.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 98
Looking good. That took a lot of patience I think. I hear Flippers granddaddy had one just like that way back when.

We really want to hear this thing when you get it to that point.

Great work, yes we will need audio when you fire it.
Pay attention to the bag lines,, they don't like heat at all, don't ask how I know [S

Awesome

I can't even imagine trying to fit the end of the lake pipe up with the hole in the hood side! I'd have to re-cut that badboy several times.

Just so I am understanding it correctly, the cutout allows some exhaust to come out the lake pipes, it does not block the other pathway.

Regarding the progress to date, nice work all around.

Are you planning to build another golf cart yet this summer and keep us in suspence on the Packard's finishing touches another whole year?

[P

Latest posts

Back