1940 0r something chevy pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loneranger28

hi i need quite abit of help with my truck i just got first off wheres the vin code on a chevy i know ford have them one just the frame , do chevys? its a 1.5 ton dually wats different in 1/2 tons and these trucks and how can i make it a 1/2 body ? i have a 1999 ford ranger and a 1993 s10 extended cab which would be the best frame swap , i would like to have a full fendered truck so ugly ifs isnt a problem. would would it be best just to use the 1.5 ton frame and cut it down to 1/2 wheel base. and lastly my front fenders and purdy smashed soo do i have to have a 1939 or 41 front end or can i put a 1936 or 1946 front end on it? if you can give me any help i would be very thankful thanks

Slow down there cemosabe.....

Park trigger and tell tonto to wait outside....lol

Seriously....I'm sure we can help you out....do and intro and then jump back in with a wee bit more info on what you need....lot's of good people here to help....

a cloud of dust, a fiery horse and hardy Hi Ho Silver.....away.!!!!!!......

Can you find a VIN tag on the firewall? The cab should be the same as the smaller trucks. Only the fenders should be different. The s-10 frame is frequently used and it has aftermarket parts to help you get the ride height you want.Don't know about fitting front clips from different years.
Welcome to the board and let us know how it goes :)

Google a site called Brad's 41-46 Chevy. It has just about everything you would need to sort it out. Where the VIN/serial # are and how to decipher them. If that helps and gets you on track, come on back and let us know. We're happy to help out here if we can. Tell us a bit about yourself and become part of the gang.:)

Latest posts

Back