1940 International D15 School Bus

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Banger

A friend of mine recently picked up this 1940 IH 11 passenger school bus from Ford, Wa. near Spokane. It will either get a bored and stroked 392 IH V8 or a Cummins.

1940d15leftfront.jpg

1940d15rightrear.jpg

1940d15rightside.jpg

That is going to be a unique ride for sure... Can't say I have ever seen one like that... Looks like they started with a 1 ton panel truck...

Very cool

looks like junk -- ill haul it off for FREE if you want [ddev

i wonder if theres anyway you can keep the windows in tact with
the bullet holes -- maybe like a polyurethane or something -- that thing
is awesome.

Rod wants to keep it as a school bus but maybe if I mention the gal in a nurses outfit he might change his mind...

I would put that bored & stroked 392 = 554 cid in it and call it "Hot for Teacher"!

Have got to go with the cummins on this one. Nothing like the nice rattle of a 12 valver turbo. And that nice plume of black smoke blending in with the smell of burnt rubber is better than the smell of my shirt the morning after I left the nudey bar.......

Back in our day younguns when we used to go to school...they used to load us into a one ton stacked like cordwood and the kids who didn't get to go to school would shoot at us along the way...

Latest posts

Back