1940 Plymouth Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin' GOOD, Bob!:cool:

No, let me correct myself.... Lookin' GREAT!!!!:cool:[;):cool:

Thanks for sharing.[P

FWIW, either dark blue or maroon satin would look sweet on there.... Just don't paint it medium blue or the neighbours will think it belongs in Old Navy...;)

Regards,
Shea:)

Last edited:
PlyPaint001.jpg

Here's a "test panel". It is Navy (sorry Shea) in a satin finish. Do you think it looks like it could be a stock color? Or at least a color applied years ago?

Last edited:
Sam, I was just on the tcpglobal site. I like the deeper blue in the Hot Rod Flatz. This seems too bright. I would have to do some patina "tricks" to make it look good. Anyone here on RRR have any experience with tcpglobal Hot Rod Flatz???
PlyPaint002.jpg

PlymmieBrown005.jpg

Troy, I swiped the pic from the Google. Don't know anything about the color on that roadster.
Here's the hue I am pretty sure I'll use. I call it brown, my wife thinks it's grey. It should look good with a well selected pinstripe color.

I like the blue on that roadster Bob [cl Brown could be cool too though :cool: Here's a pretty good looking chocolatey brown....

1941plymouthdeluxesadan.jpg

...and a pretty cool combo on a Plymmie truck

IMG_7352-1.jpg

...and another two tone

r07-41dodge2.jpg

Did I mention I like blue? :eek:

IMGP2501.jpg

You've got a great build going so anything you do will look good Bob!

PlyisBrown002.jpg

I took the Plymmie to "Bob's House of Spray Bombs" where it was covered in Flat Camo Brown (see caps on last row of cans). It looks pretty dull. Hoping the door art and the few bright pieces help give it some pizazz. Also I'm intending to have some pin striping added. Probably in a muted orange. Brighter wheels too.

Snake Farm, thanks for the pics. There's some nice looking paint jobs there. Wish I could have found a dark flat blue in spray cans.

You sir, are a tease.

I second that [ddd

What are you going to have for door art ? Come on, I won't tell anyone :D

BTW Thanks a lot for keeping me up past my bedtime :rolleyes:..........I just read through this whole thread again :eek: Been following this build since I was an "RRR Lurker" and have loved every minute of it [cl[cl

PlyisBrown004.jpg

I'll get some better pics outdoors in the sunlight. It isn't quite this dark.

The door art will be "Lone Ranger Racing" since the truck is the tow vehicle for my slant 6 powered dragster, which is named "Silver Bullet". My favorite sign painter, Kathy Weeks is working on the design. It will incorporate the skeletal Lone Ranger head that is on the side of the dragster.

Yesterday I painted the door jambs and the inside of the doors. Still have to touch up some of the areas that didn't get enough paint. It should even out with a few washings. If not, a scuff pad will do the job.

Snake, sorry you stayed up late. There is nothing special about this build so you need not invest all that time.

There is however, several very innovative builds on RRR. I'm happy that so many creative builders come to this site to display their skills.

I like the colour, [cl better than flat black. Rustoleum has a bunch of new colours here in Canada, though I don't know if there's a flat blue...[S.....they do have a flat clear that you could topcoat with, but that makes for a lot of spray bombs tho..

PlyisBrown004.jpg

It should even out with a few washings. If not, a scuff pad will do the job.

Oh, that looks soooooooo SWEET!
I friend of mine used to was his suede painted car with Ajax and it always had a cool look to it.

Snake, sorry you stayed up late. There is nothing special about this build so you need not invest all that time.

There you go being modest again :D I'm gonna have to disagree with ya.......this build is plenty special [cl

There is however, several very innovative builds on RRR. I'm happy that so many creative builders come to this site to display their skills.

I fully agree with ya on this though:D That's why I love this site! [cl[cl

PlySanded001-1.jpg

After a little more paint application and some sanding with a maroon scuff pad to remove overspray and do a little blending, here's what is looks like in the sun.

Latest posts

Back