1941 chevy 2 dr bathtub

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new pics

ok so i fabbed up an external hood release that goes through the grill assy instead of a cable in the car,also mounted a grill i got today,traded some parts for it and got cash on top of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 41 with grill.jpg
    41 with grill.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 40
That is going to be a lot of fun cruzin the strip!!! Babes in the tub,, Oh yea i can see it now!!! Lookin good. Can you get a larger photo of the hood release?

yeah ill post it tommor.....basically reversed the release drilled out the hole where the cable mounted to the release,threaded some all thread in,slotted the nose section just above the grill.all i need is some bitchin knob to finish it off,,,,,,,,,,so now all you do is push the alLthread it moves sideways in the slot and releases the latch......PERFECT

progress

ok heres a few pics.....my hood release,i basically accessed the mechanism in reverse,i cut the cover that protects the mechanism and used allthread.real simple,i slotted the grill assembly to allow the all thread to be accessed.

also pics of the dash and the "swoops" i built,they still need a little finish work but remember there will be door panels covering the lower part of these.

and last a pic of the car in daylight,im gonna bag the car so it sits down,and have since installed a grill on my ride......

Attachments

• latch 3.jpg
    latch 3.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 23
  • latch1.jpg
    latch1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 21
  • latch 2.jpg
    latch 2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 25
  • door 1.jpg
    door 1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 1941 chev outside.jpg
    1941 chev outside.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 60
  • dash 1.jpg
    dash 1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 25
hood release

so i realized after making the initial hood release,it wasnt going to hold.the metal in the latch that i drilled out(originally where the cable attached to)was a soft pot metal,maybe even aluminum.so i removed the all thread,and used a piece of allthread from a battery hold down kit.i also used 2 small 3\8 locking nuts.i used the nuts on each side of the soft metal flange,therefore theres no stress on the threads.it also now has a small hook that protrudes.....much cleaner.ill post a pic,what does everyone think?????

also ideas for front seats?kinda want a bomber style.....rears are gonna be original

Attachments

• new latch 1.JPG
    new latch 1.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 18
ever think about a carson top??

Im thinking faded ratty looking paint with clean carson top and a nice set of whites on clean painted wheels :D

ever think about a carson top??

Im thinking faded ratty looking paint with clean carson top and a nice set of whites on clean painted wheels :D

yaeh, actually i have ............................well see what the future holds,how expensive are they?

Kill whitey!!!!!

Ok ,new job,time is tight,BUT,kill whitey lives!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20111114_122307.jpg
    IMG_20111114_122307.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 49
Kill whitey

Other side in progress all free hand....also started titling the old girl in nebraska....easy!!!!!!th

Attachments

• IMG_20111115_231019.jpg
    IMG_20111115_231019.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 21
Since you asked for opinions......I think it looks like sh*t. Your original plan was killer, that's one of the reasons people always say....stick to the plan man! None the less, I would use real glass for the windshield. I'm kinda liking the *KillWhitey Customs* logo.... Why would you need a donor roof? What was wrong with the original tin?:confused:

Since you asked for opinions......I think it looks like sh*t. Your original plan was killer, that's one of the reasons people always say....stick to the plan man! None the less, I would use real glass for the windshield. I'm kinda liking the *KillWhitey Customs* logo.... Why would you need a donor roof? What was wrong with the original tin?:confused:[/QUOTE

Everyone is entitled to their opinion,although yours is a little late.

Door art

Ok si got the other door done,not exact but pretty close.not too bad for completly freehand.

Attachments

• IMG_20111124_203747.jpg
    IMG_20111124_203747.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20111124_203736.jpg
    IMG_20111124_203736.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20111114_122307.jpg
    IMG_20111114_122307.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back