1941 International Bobber

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sullys Garage

I found a 41 K1 cab,bought steel,a bunch of swap meet parts,Ron Pope front end, and went to work for the last 30 days.

Attachments

• Bobber 015.jpg
    Bobber 015.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 248
Motor mounts

I found a 41 K1 cab,bought steel,a bunch of swap meet parts,Ron Pope front end, and went to work for the last 30 days.

Worked on the final motor mounts last night and will finish up tonight.
Also will strip down the g-body rear end and get ready for the 4-bar set up.
I have 48 chevy bed sides to cut down.More pics to follow.

Status as of yesterday Rolling on all fours.

Attachments

• Bobber 017.jpg
    Bobber 017.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 256
  • Bobber 018.jpg
    Bobber 018.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 209
  • Bobber 019.jpg
    Bobber 019.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 205
  • Bobber 020.jpg
    Bobber 020.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 185
nice progress so far..Are you going to have enough ground clearance on that front Z, looks really close to the ground.. What is your wheelbase? going to be long and low..

Lookin good Sully--Gotta love them Binders--got one in my pile. Always brings a smile when someone calls em "TurdWhirlers". 'Specially like em chopped.

I flipped a pair of IMCA headers on a 5.0 Ford in a T once--makes for an interesing look and cleared my steering--I think its a bolt up with a SBC..

AR is rat heaven--seems the whole state is a junk yard. (least My part is):eek:

PA41

Lookin good Sully--Gotta love them Binders--got one in my pile. Always brings a smile when someone calls em "TurdWhirlers". 'Specially like em chopped.

I flipped a pair of IMCA headers on a 5.0 Ford in a T once--makes for an interesing look and cleared my steering--I think its a bolt up with a SBC..

AR is rat heaven--seems the whole state is a junk yard. (least My part is):eek:

PA41

Hey why do they call them binders?

IH's are called that becuase of their close relation with framing and fram equipment. The term comes from a piece of farm equipment called a "reaper-binder". Also "corn-binder".

nice progress so far..Are you going to have enough ground clearance on that front Z, looks really close to the ground.. What is your wheelbase? going to be long and low..

My wheelbase is 140" and those buddy spares front tires are 3" shorter than the real ones so ground clearance at the Z is good.I"ll post more photos soon I have the bed on and making the grill shell.

updated progress.Put it on a dolly and went to our Rod Run.
I now have alot of plumbing to do.

Attachments

• Bobber 026.jpg
    Bobber 026.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Bobber 022.jpg
    Bobber 022.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 107
  • Bobber 023.jpg
    Bobber 023.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Bobber 024.jpg