1945 Ford Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maldomob

Hey

First time posting a trend. Bought a 1945 ford truck for 500 with title which is good but for 500 comes with lots and lots of rust. My plan is to try and keep it somewhat ordinal with some modern updates. I believe is still has the ordinal flathead V8 but missing tranny. The wood bed is gone. And all but the back glass is broken. Not bad trying to do my first project LOL. Here are a couple of pics. I'm starting the tear down so this should be fun. I will try not to lose my mind on this one. I'll keep in touch.
DSCF3191.jpg

DSCF3189.jpg

DSCF3188.jpg

DSCF3190.jpg

DSCF3192.jpg

DSCF3193.jpg

DSCF3194.jpg

Nice find ! If it really is a 1945, that would make it very rare wouldn't it ?? Other than military issued vehicles, I didn't know there were any sold to the public 'till 1946. Correct me if I'm wrong !!
Looking forward to the build.[P

I think it was 41-44 that they for the most part stoped production on domestic vehicles and in the summer of 45 they resumed production. the key words in this sentince: "I think".

Z.Z. Rat
Plans are to try and keep everything. Shave door handles, lower it a little bit. do wood in the bed. I have the ordinal rims so try sandblast them and if good powder coat them red, maybe power windows using the hardware from the truck. Thanks for the support guys.

Latest posts

Back