1946 ford f100 first build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks bro!:cool: i hope to soon be working on my frame. the cab is just about done. just finishing up suicideing my doors. but the gas ran out on my dads welder:( so by next weel that will be done due to living 40 miles from any big town lol.

Rght on!! I kinda wish I had done suicide doors on my 42 but oh well maybe the next ;)

Too bad most of us all live so far apart I'd love to help ya build your frame!! I have been wanting to build another frame just for ****s n grins :) I wanna build a 1/4 eliptical front suspension frame

Too bad most of us all live so far apart I'd love to help ya build your frame!! I have been wanting to build another frame just for ****s n grins :) I wanna build a 1/4 eliptical front suspension frame

yea for sure that would be rad. thanks for all the help bro! i wish i could help with that eliptical front too.[;)
thanks RRR:cool:

ok guys im having a little problem on figuring out what would be the best place to start my front z on my frame? whats the best way to go with it. under the cab at the firewall or in front of the firewall. and what degree of an angle do i gut at?

thanks for all the help guys!:cool:

ok guys im having a little problem on figuring out what would be the best place to start my front z on my frame? whats the best way to go with it. under the cab at the firewall or in front of the firewall. and what degree of an angle do i gut at?

thanks for all the help guys!:cool:

When I did mine I just used the toe board as my guide for the Z and ran the Z right along there

When I did mine I just used the toe board as my guide for the Z and ran the Z right along there

I would do the same, just follow the angle of the toe board.

thanks guys! thats what i was thinking on how to do it . but my dad wanted me to make sure. so would i need to cut out the lip under the cab/firewall where the cab would orignaly be bolted to? and whats the angle to cut to make my front z? thanks for all the help RRR:cool:

Attachments

• m.JPG
    m.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 37
thanks guys! thats what i was thinking on how to do it . but my dad wanted me to make sure. so would i need to cut out the lip under the cab/firewall where the cab would orignaly be bolted to? and whats the angle to cut to make my front z? thanks for all the help RRR:cool:

You wouldn't have to but you can I cut mine I think at 45 degrees

try using 2x4 wood to start with so you can get it figured out the way you want cuz wood is cheaper than steel :)

Using the same angle as the toe board will look best visually and won't really hurt structurally. Measure the angle between the toe board and the floor and use that angle to Z the frame. Yes you would need to remove those front cab supports.

Using the same angle as the toe board will look best visually and won't really hurt structurally. Measure the angle between the toe board and the floor and use that angle to Z the frame. Yes you would need to remove those front cab supports.

ok cool thanks bro . so ill need to make new cab mounts before my z right?

2008_0218Johns0047.jpg

Just an alternative to think about. I have put the "Z" as far forward as I can. It keeps the frame rails low for a nice profile. The front wheel hides most of the "Z".

getting my batwing brackets mad for my axel by RPM then getting my spring and pivots and shackles next payday:D then will be getting my s10 rear end

Latest posts

Back