1946 ford f100 first build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks tim it was my first chop. with a little help from my dad :D

and thanks earthman and tim for the great tip. i got some 2x4 at my dads house im going to pick it up today and start getting a mockup done. our shop is just down the street;)

whats up guys. i havent got alot of work done lately on the ol pickup. but i did get the 2x3 steel for my frame 2 20 foot sticks. and found a pice of tube for my front cross member 3/16 wall thickness. and got the gas for the welder:D and got my spring mount bracket from "RPM". thanks ron!

Attachments

• Picture 097.jpg
    Picture 097.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Picture 098.jpg
    Picture 098.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Picture 106.jpg
    Picture 106.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 52
  • Picture 109.jpg
    Picture 109.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 46
a lil update

Awesome bro!! Can't wiat to see the frame :) [;) [P

well finally got some time with my dad to work on the frame this last weekend. we got a little somthing done:D hope to get the rest tacked in place by this weekend [;)

Attachments

• Picture 124.jpg
    Picture 124.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Picture 127.jpg
    Picture 127.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Picture 128.jpg
    Picture 128.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Picture 129.jpg
    Picture 129.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Picture 130.jpg
    Picture 130.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 47
  • Picture 131.jpg
    Picture 131.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Picture 132.jpg
    Picture 132.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 51
I'm diggin the frame rack!!! LOL..

well finally got some time with my dad to work on the frame this last weekend. we got a little somthing done:D hope to get the rest tacked in place by this weekend [;)

I have a desk just like it....:D ....seriously...I do...use what you got.... cool......Looks like you are moving ahead.....I also dig the fact you or your dad are welding in a leather jacket!! If that was me, I'd have more holes in the jacket then a pound of swiss cheese....keep on movin!!!![cl.[P

I have a desk just like it....:D ....seriously...I do...use what you got.... cool......Looks like you are moving ahead.....I also dig the fact you or your dad are welding in a leather jacket!! If that was me, I'd have more holes in the jacket then a pound of swiss cheese....keep on movin!!!![cl.[P

thanks bro. yea i knew i draged that desk home for a reason lol:D hahahahaha yea thats my dad welding in a leather jacket hes crazy[ddev

getting my front cross bar tacked in and shaped. starting to look like a frame now lol[;)

Attachments

• Picture 139.jpg
    Picture 139.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Picture 138.jpg
    Picture 138.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Picture 137.jpg
    Picture 137.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 39
Looking good bro..with that much front Z are really going to need that tall of a spring perch too? what front spring are you running?

Yeah I'd be careful with the spring perch I had a lowered perch and with my Z it was too low in the frint and I had to cut it off and put a standard ride height perch on

Looking good bro..with that much front Z are really going to need that tall of a spring perch too? what front spring are you running?
yea i was thinking the same thing. would there be a way i can cut down this spring purch? and im going to be running a 26" spring at around 2500lbs.

Yeah I'd be careful with the spring perch I had a lowered perch and with my Z it was too low in the frint and I had to cut it off and put a standard ride height perch on

thanks for the advice yea im thinking its going to be really low im going to be running a tall tire. is there any way i can cut down this spring purch? thanks brother!!:cool:

i had to cut out my front cross bar i measure it wrong my frame rails needed to be brought in about 2" so the inside of my rails are at 24" is that about right?:confused:

looks like you could rework it..cut the upright "riser" part of it off and rework it to fit your tube..my Z looks about the same as yours, my perch is right at the top the tube, its going to be plenty low..

Picture001.jpg

Latest posts

Back