1947 International build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update on where I am at with the truck. Built the frame and the floor, tried my hand for the first time with bead rolling and learned alot. Filled in the rear panel that was all rotted out and cut about 30 pounds of metal out from the rear brace. The body is ALOT more solid now. Finished the transmission tunnel yesterday, hung the brake pedal and cut the hole for the steering column. I also picked up my stencils that I am going to use to paint "The Trailer Queen" on the doors. Next will be to fit the seat and mount that along with mounting the cab. Then the cab will come off one last time to finish up welds and undercoat underneath it. Its gettin there!!

Had this on my coupe for probably 30 years as a steering column mount.

Decided to polish it up! Who else has a polished solid brass steering column mount??? Lol.

My stencils to paint on the lettering

Haven't done an update in quite a while so heres some pics.

Put these 16" donuts on to get the other wheels powdercoated and thought..........hmmmmm those might look kinda cool! So we went this route and got some really nice 195/80-16's from Diamondback with road hazard. They look really good for a radial actually, plus tall and skinny.

Setting up the radiator. This was my Dads he had for a Studebaker project that he wasn't using.

Cab off for the very last time to finish up the underside

Used some rubberized undercoating from Autojoke

Pulled the truck out one day just to get some quick pictures with the cab mounted and bed ready to get done next.

Since the gentelman I am building this for is a Vietnam vet and is a left leg amputee I went with the quick detach column from Speedway. Cheap and does the job for him getting in and out of the truck easier.

Got the wheels powdercoated and tires mounted. The owner wanted fire engine red wheels, and they are RED!

Had old engine parts laying around and cut up this connecting rod and used the bearings as spacers. Just put a small tack weld on the backside to hold the bearings in. Turned out nice.

Made up a quick little panel to mount the gauges the owner wanted.

Getting the framework done for the bed and gas tank.

Just used some old plywood my Dad had laying around for the bed floor and used the old bed strips for looks. Used that old blue gas can for my battery cover.

Couldnt take it anymore so I mounted the wheels and put the spider caps on. I just had to see how it looked. Guess how many times I got asked "why did he want blue tires?" Haha. Also put some bleach on the cab where the new sheet metal was to blend it all in.

Mounted the rear turn/brake lights and license plate.

Glass is cut and windshield in.

Put on the headers which are gonna work perfect. Also got nice new steering linkage for safetys sake.

Bed all mounted and done. Turned out pretty cool.

Time to show her off to the world, going to get the exhaust done but HAD to clean the blue off the tires.

On the lift getting exhaust

Went all the way out back with glasspacks and pencil tips. Turned out really nice and super happy with it.

So last weekend was the Fall Color Run put on by the Tin Dusters in Quincy Illinois. I was scrambling last week to get the truck done to take up there but it just didnt happen. I worked up until 2:30 Friday before we left at 5 for the show. I got to the engine and putting that back together but just ran out of time. Hopefully I will be firing it up here soon and getting it off to its owner.

I haven't posted anything in a while but the truck is done and with its new owner now. Thing turned out pretty cool I think but the main thing is the owner absolutely loves it which is what its all about. Its a fun little truck that will get him into the hobby and enjoy with his kids and grandkids. It ran great runnin down the highway at 70-75mph with one hand on the wheel. Been a great learning experience for me on how to chop a top and what I will do differently next time around. If you live around St Louis I'm sure you'll see him out and about.

Latest posts

Back